to want SAHMs to divulge how much money they have to spend?

(402 Posts)
YesAnastasia Wed 05-Feb-14 11:09:46

How much money do non earning SAHM get to actually spend? On clothes, hair/beauty or whatever they want.

I want to know if I'm being unreasonable to want more or if I am spoilt and should suck it up because things are tight.

I have £134.80 a month to myself (yes that's probably a familiar to a lot of you) except when you're a parent, not much is ever just for you anymore is it?

That's ok isn't it? Or is it? It doesn't feel like it, especially when there are birthdays etc. Anyway, what do you get?

LaQueenOfHearts Mon 10-Feb-14 20:27:06

wish I used to, about 4 years ago but I wound it up, just not making enough profit thanks to the recession sad

supadupapupascupa Mon 10-Feb-14 20:35:37

Everything goes in the pot. I do a month by month cashflow projected forwards 12 months. It amazing how much variance there is between months. All big purchases are put on there. Joint decisions made on what the rest gets spent on. For example if one of us needs new clothes we will put that in there in a month we can afford it. Neither of us would deviate too much from this without talking to the other about it. This way christmas is always paid for by september before - if we didn't forecast it we would think it was money spare and spend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now