To be really touched that DStD sent me an FB message saying I had neglected her 30th birthday?

(131 Posts)
MammaTJ Fri 31-Jan-14 21:22:24

I am amazed by this event! I was her StM from age 9 to 18 and loved her totally! She messaged me informing I was lacking on the 30th birthday front! I told her I love her and she is further ahead at 30 than I was! She is my eldest DDs older sister so has that place as well as the one she h

ToffeeOwnsTheSausage Sun 02-Feb-14 11:56:55

I think we all understood what the OP meant hmm. It just seems ridiculous to be happy someone felt neglected.

MusicalEndorphins Sun 02-Feb-14 18:04:54

That eternal student stuff paid off. ;)

HyvaPaiva Sun 02-Feb-14 18:10:30

I never bother with my stepdaughter.
She never notices that I never bother.
This year she noticed that I never bothered!
Result!

^ That's what I made of it. Is that right? Jesus. hmm

MammaTJ Sun 02-Feb-14 20:20:43

No! I have always bothered but felt as though it wasn't appreciated! I was a little later bothering this year, due to being busy with young DC. I was surprised and touched that she noticed! I feel encouraged to continue with me efforts ( which include all cakes for youngest child's christening) !

She is not hurt or upset by this, I rang her and we had a good long chat!i explained why I had not messaged her before, and unlike some of you , she understood

LadyBeagleEyes Sun 02-Feb-14 20:56:25

So you don't understand her post.
Still, is there any reason for being so nasty? MamaTJ is one of our nicest posters, and I've never seen her be so rude to other people.

Gruntfuttock Sun 02-Feb-14 20:58:41

I still don't understand why you wouldn't even have sent her a card. That's very quick and easy and would have been a nice thing to do for the stepdaughter about whom you care so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now