To be really touched that DStD sent me an FB message saying I had neglected her 30th birthday?

(131 Posts)
MammaTJ Fri 31-Jan-14 21:22:24

I am amazed by this event! I was her StM from age 9 to 18 and loved her totally! She messaged me informing I was lacking on the 30th birthday front! I told her I love her and she is further ahead at 30 than I was! She is my eldest DDs older sister so has that place as well as the one she h

I think Mamma means that her DSD has got in touch to say her 30th is missing MTJ there!

I think that's lovely. Being a SM is hard and it's nice she remembers you and your role 12 years on

SnowAway Fri 31-Jan-14 21:43:12

Yes MammaTJ she probably is - so why didn't you phone her up and wish her happy birthday, and have a card and present waiting for her to unwrap today?

I'm amazed she isn't posting 'Am I being unreasonable to expect my ex stepmother to remember my birthday? - I turned 30 today and she's the last parent I have left and she didn't even send me a card or present or call to wish me happy birthday, and when I finally FB messaged her she just got all misty eyed and said that I have her heart - I don't want her damn heart I want a present!'

wooldonor Fri 31-Jan-14 21:43:23

Do you mean touched in the generally accepted meaning or do you use it it a different way, I don't understand what you're trying to say, sorry

Pigsmummy Fri 31-Jan-14 21:43:39

I am sorry but I think that you are yabvu. Poor girl.

spookyskeleton Fri 31-Jan-14 21:43:45

This has to be one of the most bizarre threads for a while. Makes no sense whatsoever confused confused

MammaTJ Fri 31-Jan-14 21:43:55

Ok, so all overtures till now have been rejected! She knows where she is with me though! Today has been a major step forward for me, the wsm who had always been there!

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 31-Jan-14 21:44:26

I don't understand this at all. Are you drunk?

RubyRR Fri 31-Jan-14 21:44:34

Do you mean you weren't there and you missed?

RubyRR Fri 31-Jan-14 21:45:02

Were missed

Pigsmummy Fri 31-Jan-14 21:45:04

I was a step daughter and if my step parent couldn't be arsed to get in touch somehow I would be pissed off.

AnnabelleLee Fri 31-Jan-14 21:46:05

who complains about such things at that age? You aren't making much sense at all.

<wonders whether I'm drunk and that's why it makes sense>

Lj8893 Fri 31-Jan-14 21:46:44

This makes no sense. Either I'm really drunk or you are??

PedlarsSpanner Fri 31-Jan-14 21:46:44

Nope, still can't quite grasp the point

MammaTJ here, have these flowers

Kubrickian Fri 31-Jan-14 21:47:34

I'm guessing DSD stands for Darling Step-Daughter.

But what does the t in DStD stand for??

Eh??

SnowAway Fri 31-Jan-14 21:51:16

OK MammaTJ please answer the following questions for clarification. grin

1) Have you had a relationship with your DSD since you parted ways with her father?
2) Have you seen her in that time?
3) Why did you not send her something for her birthday?
4) Why are you happy that she's annoyed with you?

OpalQuartz Fri 31-Jan-14 21:51:32

I don't think Mamma means that her DSD has got in touch to say her 30th is missing MTJ there because the title is "To be really touched that DStD sent me an FB message saying I had neglected her 30th birthday?" I assumed the bit about being really touched was sarcastic, as no one would really be touched about a FB message saying they had neglected a 30th birthday?

Casmama Fri 31-Jan-14 21:54:43

For fucks sake- either give enough detail for us to understand what you are talking about or don't bother with the thread.

NickNacks Fri 31-Jan-14 21:55:04

As fun as this is, trying to guess what your on about, could you spell it all out very s l o w l y for us.

perplexedpirate Fri 31-Jan-14 21:56:49

I would be gutted if the only person I thought of as a parent forgot (or ignored) my 30th birthday. Equally my 36th, my 28th, my 45th: whatever.
A card is a couple of quid. Do it on funky pigeon or something and you don't even have to leave the house!
I feel very sad for the DSD.

I'm reading it that the DSD had chosen to not be contact with the OP for a long time and that the OP is pleased that her DSD had finally reached out, even if it was complaining about missing her 30th.
But I might be CV completely wrong.

sparklyskyy Fri 31-Jan-14 21:59:24

Seriously. What the hell does your op mean?? Please explain very very clearly, step by step, what you actually mean.

Or don't bother. I don't really care.

MoominIsGoingToBeAMumWaitWHAT Fri 31-Jan-14 21:59:52

Bloody hell some people are taking this too seriously.

Step away from the computer and pour yourselves a biiiiig glass of wine.

I think that's what MammaTJ has done grin

I keep coming back to this thread to see if it makes more sense...it doesn't!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now