AIBU to be a little upset that my mum doesn't know when my birthday is?

(53 Posts)
wonkylegs Fri 31-Jan-14 18:29:46

I'm the eldest of her kids and she admits she has no idea when my birthday is despite knowing when my brothers is, his girlfriends is and even his girlfriends mothers....
She doesn't seem to know (or care) when my DSs (her only grandchild) or DHs is either even if I remind her regularly up to the events.
She's never been great at the 'mum stuff' and I know I should have got used to it by now but it still makes me sad when another birthday rolls round and she doesn't even acknowledge it. (I'm not looking for cards or gifts just an acknowledgement would be nice) sad

DaleyBump Sat 01-Feb-14 00:13:09

Happy birthday cakewine

My mil is the same. She even called on DH's birthday asking for money. She's met her grandson (her only grandchild) once and doesn't know his birthday either. I've been with DH since I was 14 and in all the years I've known him she's never even wished him a happy birthday. She doesn't care. Hate is a strong word but I absolutely hate the woman. Never has my dislike for someone been so intense. He pretty much never had a birthday growing up either. His face when I got him his first birthday cake... It's so upsetting to think about.

Ludoole Sat 01-Feb-14 00:36:59

Id buy her a calendar every xmas and write my birthday on in big letters!! grin

ILoveDHIDo Sat 01-Feb-14 14:09:46

Happy belated birthday! hope you had an amazing day regardless thanks

Solo why are cards so important to you? Asking out of curiosity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now