In thinking dd is attempting to start a fight?

(32 Posts)

She's been home 20 minutes and has decided to fill in an application form:

Her: "what's preffered first name"

Me: "it's your first name"

Her: "*NO*, it's what I want to be called and I'm putting down BLUE."

Me: <confused look confused, leaves room to make fucking dinner and sip port in the kitchen>

Sometimes I fucking hate teenagers.

Ledkr Fri 31-Jan-14 16:29:13

Bastards.
My dd has to go out right now but as usual she is ignoring requests to get her stuff ready, I give up and am just at here mums netting.

MrsRuffdiamond Fri 31-Jan-14 16:30:57

grin wine wine wine

mumblechum1 Fri 31-Jan-14 16:31:50

When they go to Uni and never phone you you will look back fondly on those conversations sad but also grin

I really won't 'look back fondly '

I will be pissed and semi nude in the afternoon wink

Seriously, why Blue?

Who the feck wants to have their teachers at Sixth Form call them a cunting colour??? confused

WandaDoff Fri 31-Jan-14 16:39:27

You should keep all these little gems.

Then in 20-30 years time when she has her own teenagers you xan helpfully share them with them. grin

Triliteral Fri 31-Jan-14 16:39:42

Port sounds lovely. I could do with one now!

Modestandatinybitsexy Fri 31-Jan-14 16:42:39

I work at a school where many of the students are foreign. You wouldn't believe some of the preferred names they choose for themselves. We've had Lemon, Twinkle, Bob, Trump, Christmas and Easter. Don't ask. Sometimes it's difficult to keep a straight face hmm

YouTheCat Fri 31-Jan-14 16:43:22

I know a child called 'Blue' hmm

Keep a photo log of all these stupid arsed things and present it to her when she's 30. grin

'Blue' is a lovely name for someone else. Honest.

YouTheCat Fri 31-Jan-14 16:51:28

Tbh I think it's a crap name. grin

Gossipyfishwife Fri 31-Jan-14 16:59:44

Well Duncan from Blue thinks it's ok.

(Has inappropriate thoughts about Duncan from Blue...again)

hippity Fri 31-Jan-14 17:01:52

I have one more day of dealing with the teenager sober. I have been dry all January and darkest hour comes before dinner grin

falulahthecat Fri 31-Jan-14 17:03:49

call her bluff and get a deed poll form to change her name permanently to Blue? Then point out Beyonce was not the first person to call her Child Blue, it's been done since the Victorian times (seriously). grin

When DD was 13 she signed her passport form with a little heart above the 'i'.

'But that's my signature!' she wailed. I had to take her down to the post office to prove they wouldn't allow it and it wasn't just me being a cah.

I've had to go downstairs again.

This time it was "I'm not doing btec performing arts as there's too much writing in it, I'm not taking ANY courses that involve writing"

I attempted to say that she might need to clarify that as it might just be ongoing coursework and no different to what she's doing now.

She then said Im not doing ANY writing

So I left and only thought well, that's all A levels and all college courses out then grin

Tbh I know I should be saying 'Gosh, I can really hear that you're sick of writing right now' but who can be fucked all the time hmm

She just asked for a lift somewhere and I declined the amazingness of her company and offered her an umbrella.

CouthyMow Fri 31-Jan-14 17:10:48

There was a Chinese girl in my DBro's class at Secondary who had the preferred name of "Really".

YouTheCat Fri 31-Jan-14 17:11:46

The reality will sink in, Laurie, when all that is available to her at college is stuff none of her friends are doing. And as for the umbrella, you're kinder than me. grin

WorraLiberty Fri 31-Jan-14 17:15:27

Maybe she's going to put down 'Black'

And then argue black was blue? grin

DoJo Fri 31-Jan-14 17:36:06

Surely going along with her is the only way to go - maybe you should start calling her Blue and refuse to revert until she changes the application. I believe that's either reverse psychology or 'playing her at her own damn stupid game'!

CheeseStrawWars Fri 31-Jan-14 17:36:12

Just the Eiffel 65 "I'm Blue" song at her non-stop: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgV1O0X4uXI

CheeseStrawWars Fri 31-Jan-14 17:40:20

Just play obv.

MeepMeepVrooooom Fri 31-Jan-14 17:58:35

I would tell her that's a great idea. And infact it has inspired you to change your name to something you have always wanted to be called until she uses her given name again.

Explain to her you will no longer me known as "Mum" you will now be Fanny. Inform her friends you now wish to only be known as Fanny. Introduce yourself as Fanny to as many people as possible infront of DD. Make sure you do not under any circumstances respond to anything other that Fanny. I'm sure "Blue" will change her mind pretty quickly.

MeepMeepVrooooom Fri 31-Jan-14 18:00:31

Maybe her father could also change his name to Mike Hunt also. Obviously these suggestions are purely in aid of you supporting your DD in her right to choose what she wishes to be called grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now