To reply to this facebook post...

(13 Posts)
MrsDe Fri 31-Jan-14 13:16:00

It just made me chuckle to be honest. I do understand that there's a big difference of course but it's just that the round robins really do go into a LOT of detail. Anyway, I can see that perhaps I am unreasonable and so will refrain from linking the two on her post and point out on Sunday that she can hide the game requests/updates etc that annoy her. Perhaps I'll politely ask at the same time to be left out of her round robin this year...

CoffeeTea103 Fri 31-Jan-14 13:05:45

I honestly don't know people in rl who get so much angst about fb. Who really cares or has the time to put so much effort into analyzing someone's update it.
It's simple read it, hide it or move on. Life is more important than wasting more time worrying about what other people want to do or say about their own lives.

SaucyJack Fri 31-Jan-14 13:04:41

YANBU.

I don't understand why someone would join an asinine social networking site, then complain it was full of asinine social netwoking posts.

Besides which- she's probably just jealous that she's Neville Longbottom and not Voldemort like the cool kids.

WhoNickedMyName Fri 31-Jan-14 13:04:27

YABU.

There's a big difference.

I'd rather hear about someone's real life goings on than those stupid fucking quizzes. I really couldn't give a shit what Game of Thrones character you are, which seems to be the one doing the rounds at the moment.

manicinsomniac Fri 31-Jan-14 13:03:41

I don't really see how the two things are connected tbh.

YouTheCat Fri 31-Jan-14 13:03:09

Can you explain to her that she can opt to hide these posts and any from the same site?

I really don't get all this hand wringing over facebook. Enjoy it or ditch it. I don't get crap I'm not interested in on mine because I have hidden all the game updates and stuff like that.

MrsDe Fri 31-Jan-14 13:02:16

Oh Wilson - that's so sad and unnerving. Sorry to hear about your friend.

WilsonFrickett Fri 31-Jan-14 13:01:08

FB is the devil. I have a friend (RL and on fb) who passed away suddenly last week and it has just popped up on my feed that she has requested a friend request from someone. Obviously a relative has been on her account but I got the fright of my life and have been crying.

MrsDe Fri 31-Jan-14 12:58:51

Yes, true, there is a difference.

I don't want to hide her as she is a good friend and her posts are generally interesting and fun. We do (gently) tease her about her "round robins" as they are pages long and very full! I guess I wanted to reply saying that I didn't really want to know if she'd had aunt maud around for tea in March - but I know that would be mean and so I posted here instead.

I might just explain it to her when I see her for drinks on Sunday!

FloweryFeatureWall Fri 31-Jan-14 12:55:04

Bit of a difference between sharing a family update and hating inane quiz results.

But yes, make use of that hide button or explain it to her.

Facebook is the devil!

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Fri 31-Jan-14 12:54:25

What do you want to say in reply?

BearsBeetsBattlestarGalactica Fri 31-Jan-14 12:53:34

Just hide her if she annoys you.

Geez. Fb isn't that hard to take control of so it doesn't annoy you.

MrsDe Fri 31-Jan-14 12:42:33

A friend of mine has just posted about how she really doesn't want to know whether you've seen 80 out of the top 100 movies, have a metal age of 92 or whether you'd be Kermit or Aaragon etc. Fair Enough, I'm not that interested either. HOWEVER, this is the same friend who sends around a rather full, in depth round robin with their christmas cards every year with a full on descriptoin about life on their farm (with added photos) and who've they've had around for dinner throughout the year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now