AIBU To think Jillian Michaels is great

(21 Posts)
FlockOfTwats Fri 31-Jan-14 01:33:59

I really like Jillian Michaels. I enjoy her workouts and find them effective, And i find her quite motivating.

However, I have recently read comments elsewhere that suggest i may be in a minority....

CheerfulYank Fri 31-Jan-14 01:37:57

Nope, I like her. Been doing the Shred and Yoga Meltdown almost every day smile

Bubblegoose Fri 31-Jan-14 01:41:07

I like her too. And I love that the shred is only 20 minutes!

I love your username OP.

silverten Fri 31-Jan-14 01:44:29

Well I like her too.

I can so do twenty minutes a day and it's encouraging to see results already.

FlockOfTwats Fri 31-Jan-14 01:45:33

Lol bubble - My mums partner came out with it when the dogs were pissing her off one day. It's always made me chuckle. That and 'Pile of freaks' when the three bitches were all in season and shagging thin air in sync across the room.

Yank - I've been doing 30DS again, toning up after DS2. I did it before i was pregnant with him and loved it. Planning to do this then 60 day abs.

helenafalco Fri 31-Jan-14 06:30:36

Oh I love Jillian currently on day 6 of 30DS thinking of getting the yoga one as well!

Chopstheduck Fri 31-Jan-14 07:06:20

I want Jillian's body envy

PenguinBear Fri 31-Jan-14 07:09:07

No she is great! Her methods are quite tough though, if you don't like to be screamed at, she can come across as a bit mean but she gets fab results! grin

I have a bit of a crush on her!

(DH doesn't know!!)

mummybellybaby Fri 31-Jan-14 07:13:32

I think she's very good to. I was doing the shred before I fell pregnant in July, in just 2 weeks I lost inches all over and at just 20mins a day it's so easy to fit into your day. I recommend it to all my friends. I'll definitely be back at it when I have the baby!

DayAfterYesterday Fri 31-Jan-14 08:02:46

I want Jillian's body too probably in a different way to you, I have a massive crush on her

Her work outs are amazing too, I love the shred, really gets results

Whocansay Fri 31-Jan-14 08:17:04

I think her workouts are fantastic. I was amazed at how fast my body changed. I have 4 of her dvds now and alternate them with running to keep toned (I don't need to lose any more weight).

My DH used to take the piss (in a light-hearted way!). So one day I suggested he have a go. Which, to his enormous credit, he did! He has not mocked it since...

I find the abs of all those women incredibly motivating!

TheNightIsDark Fri 31-Jan-14 08:22:08

Must take 30 day shred and 6week 6pack out of the cellophane blush

I love Jillian.

ImATotJeSuisUneTot Fri 31-Jan-14 08:42:40

I love her workouts.

I know there's been controversy over her endorsements though - diet pills and 'healthy' snacks.

She does a very funny podcast on iTunes too.

QueenofKelsingra Fri 31-Jan-14 08:43:21

i love her. i'm on day 7 of 30ds and as someone who hates exercise i can just about suck it up for 20mins! i need to be shouted at! wish she was a bit more shouty on the dvd tbh!

I'm starting shred again tomorrow. The furthest I've got is day 14 so this time I'm determined to finish! Just need someone to come to my house and kick my arse.

Ragwort Fri 31-Jan-14 08:49:00

I love her workouts but I do find her voice and manner extremely irritating so I have finally worked out that if I turn the sound off I can carry on with the workout when I have the motivation grin

JohnCusacksWife Fri 31-Jan-14 08:56:21

Just started the Shred - on Day 7 and loving it. So easy to fit into your day but can see results already. Can actually see some definition in my stomach muscles already!!

princessalbert Fri 31-Jan-14 08:58:39

I love her too.

Just putting off doing my Ripped in 30 right now. smile

Haven't heard any horrible news items about her - ever.

TulipOHare Fri 31-Jan-14 09:27:30

I only did the 30 Day Shred once blush but I liked her! Would like to have her as a personal trainer.

And now the neglected DVD is glaring at me blush

tanukiton Fri 31-Jan-14 09:35:20

I think she is fab too. I have found www.mumsnet.com/Talk/exercise/1954276-January-Shred-Thread?
Keeps me motivated. I am not sure I could do it just by myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now