To be annoyed with DP when he lays in bed offering 'his advice' while I'm up with crying baby

(27 Posts)
Hotmad Thu 30-Jan-14 06:51:26

She woke up at 6am for feed and was very upset for this feed, crying..... Not taking it..... I'll have to try infacol or gripe water next time as I think it's bad trapped wind. Anyway, my DP in bed all cosy days things like, 'maybe your hurting her back keep rubbing and patting it 100 times'
I'm actually winding her as it's the only thing that seems to help her is when i rub and pat her back. Also he then said, ' I'm not gonna get back to sleep now am I?'
Err hello? What about me?
Would these comments annoy anyone else? Or am I just newborn baby tired?

NumptyNameChange Thu 30-Jan-14 19:06:41

fairylea - not just me then. ds is nearly 7 and if he sleeps past 6am it's a miracle. it's reprogrammed my bodyclock to such an extent that i next to never sleep past 5.30am and i used to be capable of sleeping for 16hr stretches at times and thought nothing of sleeping till noon if i wasn't working.

as a newborn till at least 4 or 5 months ds would be awake at least twice in the night and definitely up for good by 5am so to my mind 6am sounds great. not sure why he needs to get back to sleep rather than get his arse out of bed and go and make you a cup of coffee instead of sitting there advising you.

whatever5 Thu 30-Jan-14 21:34:49

It is very annoying of him to lie in bed and offer "advice" rather than practical help. I think he might have a point regarding the constant patting and rubbing though. I think some babies might find it quite irritating and I don't see how it would help bring the wind up. When my children were babies I just used to hold them over my shoulder if they had wind which seemed to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now