Or is blocking pavements to get tickets more than a bit inconsiderate?

(67 Posts)
YoureBeingASillyBilly Wed 29-Jan-14 18:14:09

I get it, they want tickets(so do i!)they're excited, its currently the only thing that matters to them, and sitting in the rain for 5 days is no fun so talking to each other is about all they can do but huddling your chairs to block the entire pavement and then putting up a gazebo that has two feet on the road requiring traffic cones to alert drivers to its presence is taking the fucking piss. Other people need to use that pavement and should be able to do so without having to go out on to the road to get by. People with wheelchairs or prams or small children or lots of shopping shouldnt be being inconvenienced like this for something that isnt necessary.
Right? I'm confused as to why the council arent doing something.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Wed 29-Jan-14 23:16:19

And yes, iamnotaprincess it was people such as yourself that i was thinking of. Easy for me to nip down on to the road and back up again, not so easy for yourself or people with buggies, children, disabilities etc.

NuggetofPurestGreen Thu 30-Jan-14 09:10:59

Did you get tickets Silly???!

I've been singing 'think I'll slip on down to the OH-O-ASIS" all morning.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 30-Jan-14 09:16:00

Not yet- think its too late now- still processing and people on fb saying 15 minute wait time!

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 30-Jan-14 11:07:27

no success sad

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 30-Jan-14 11:07:53

entirely sold out

AramintaDeWinter Thu 30-Jan-14 11:16:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NuggetofPurestGreen Thu 30-Jan-14 13:10:17

That's a pity Silly. Hopefully he might put on a third night though. Definitely demand for it!

Accomodation is indeed a scandal. I've a friend booked a hotel room when the dates were announced. She got a phone call last night to say they were no longer available and her booking was cancelled.
So they can sell rooms at a higher price from today I assume.

NuggetofPurestGreen Thu 30-Jan-14 13:31:22

Oh sorry I see the third night is sold out too. Bah.

grumpyoldbat Thu 30-Jan-14 13:51:29

I don't think YABU. It would annoy me too.

JohnCusacksWife Thu 30-Jan-14 13:58:29

Garth who???

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 30-Jan-14 14:01:43

Well as inconsiderate as i think the campers were being that pales into insignificance when i see a the people selling 'unwanted' tickets on fb for £250! angry

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 30-Jan-14 14:05:40

Who the singer (garth brooks?)or who the scumbag?

Yes, who is Garth Brooks?

Is he the guy thats married to Faith Hill?

BBC item here for all you people who havent heard of him

I have queued at various venues for tickets and waited with my teens while they are waiting to go into Sultudebt Union Arena's.

Every time we have been waiting, although there is a pavement opposite or alternative route, some wanker has insisted on walking where we are queuing.

I know that we are creatures of habit, but using a bit of common sense occasionally, seems beyond some people.

That and people can be twats, of course. Because just getting on with it and counting themselves lucky that they live close to a venue, is asking for too much.

And I lived between Anfield and Goodison, so had to readjust my life all football season.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now