AIBU about period blood (warning) at work on toilet (not mine!)

(98 Posts)
HelloBoys Wed 29-Jan-14 13:38:05

I work in a small office with another woman.

Whenever she has her period she leaves trails of bright red blood on the toilet seat. I usually use wet wipes (cleaners have some in the drawer outside the toilet) to clear it up.

She also complains loudly that "her womb is falling out" when she is on. I can ignore her comment but the blood is nasty but how can I mention this to her?

I always check the toilet seat if I'm on and wipe it. The smears here are large, across the seat.

what can I say to her? would YOU say anything to her?

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 29-Jan-14 14:05:13

What twinkletoe, just WHAT?! shock

Is this some new sport - extreme shitting? Why the hell would anyone stand on the toilet seat. Some people are gross confused.

GarlicReturns Wed 29-Jan-14 14:07:41

They stand on the seat so they can crouch to poo (is a healthier method, supposedly, and normal in many countries.) The company should really install some 'hole in the floor' loos if they have a lot of workers doing this.

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 29-Jan-14 14:09:01

Get her in private and tell her straight.

If she keeps on doing it, get her in public and tell her straight.

Just be matter of fact about it-leave the loo clean, with no piss, shit, used lavatory paper or blood in evidence. That's basic. Anyone (not having a relevant disability) who cannot manage to do that should simply not leave the house.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 29-Jan-14 14:11:23

Oh right, they crouch. Sorry, I had images of them standing full height & pooing.

Yes, definitely hole in the floor type toilets needed. At least the one anyway.

HelloBoys Wed 29-Jan-14 14:13:35

well at least I know IANBU!

she is boss' best friend as well as his PA - but next time she does it (she hasn't done it for ooh 2 months) I will tell her and then if she doesn't sort it tell my boss.

does not help we are the only 2 women in the office and she's my bully there!

I think if it were the occasional time I would not mind so much but its almost every month, I swear. like clockwork.

HenriettaPie Wed 29-Jan-14 14:13:47

I had images of them standing up straight too! gringrin

angelos02 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:17:19

That is disgusting. How can she just leave it like that. Boak

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Wed 29-Jan-14 14:19:11

I would just send an e-mail, even if it just the two of you, titled polite notice and ask for people to check the toilet after they've used it to make sure that it remains clean.

We have this in our office with poo skids. Yuck.

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 29-Jan-14 14:20:16

Ok, she bullies you. So, is it is a dedicated ladies' loo that only the two of you use? Because if it is, then I suspect this may not be general weirdness but unpleasantness/harassment aimed at you.

In which case, saying nothing to her and next time it happens just asking boss to come and see it might be an option.

Topaz25 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:20:18

If she bullies you could she be doing it on purpose? Deliberately leaving the toilets in an unsanitary condition knowing you're the only other person who has to use them? She sounds nasty!

Topaz25 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:20:46

Sorry cross posted

HelloBoys Wed 29-Jan-14 14:21:10

angelos and all the rest - I've worked in many an office and never or rarely come across this. large offices too.

This excuse for a woman really takes the biscuit.

she is one of those constantly busy, tired women and if you're ill she has it worse. she has IBS etc and it's always worse than anyone elses then she'll be in work whinging liked a burned martyr. grin

She also saunters round the office in height of summer with strapless maxi dresses with NO BRA on and huge norkage. I pray that someone or she will one day trip on her hem and reveal her lack of brassiere!

oh and she's ALWAYS RIGHT - even had a sign up saying that - and I don't argue with her (a couple of times) but she's excellent at that and she is never wrong.

HelloBoys Wed 29-Jan-14 14:22:33

she left the blood on the toilet BEFORE the bullying.

but it almost seems like "I can do what I want".

she also nicks my Lurpak Lighter and I have to use her Sainsburys rubbish butter but then that's being a bit petty isn't it?!

Step.One - provate email "wpuld you mind....."

Step.Two - come out the loo and shout "Oi, Drippy Sue, get back in there and clean up after yourself!"

On a side.note - maybe she is pg? If that is true, you may have to quit as she sounds like she would be unbearable

Fakebook Wed 29-Jan-14 14:23:11

Ugh. Even wee would be slightly more acceptable...but blood? That's hazardous. You could potentially contract any kind of blood borne virus. You shouldn't have to clean her blood products! Let HR know or approach her yourself. Disgusting woman.

HelloBoys Wed 29-Jan-14 14:23:32

Angela and Topaz - I have thought of harassment though as she's done it afterwards.

I have never said anything what can I say but I think email is way to go and copy to my boss.

FlockOfTwats Wed 29-Jan-14 14:23:53

Eurgh. YADDDDDDDDDDDDDDNBU

I've heard some right toilet horror stories. One woman said a colleague did a dump in the middle of the floor, tampons and towels thrown on the floor etc, blood up the walls, on the back to the toilet.

WTF is wrong with some people?

HelloBoys Wed 29-Jan-14 14:24:41

Fakebook - she is now HR Manager herself (but a more inefficient and rubbish example of one I do not know!).

she is not pregnant is 53.

strangely enough I am now pregnant so maybe I should watch for blood snail trails....

hmc Wed 29-Jan-14 14:25:18

I'd go indirect - since you have to work with her.

I'd make a sign saying "Please clean the toilet seat after use", laminate it and stick it to the cubicle wall

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 29-Jan-14 14:28:11

Or, public notice as suggested, but approach the boss privately and say what the true issue is. Update the boss on whether the behaviour stops and if it doesn't ask the boss to deal with her.

I really think don't leave it-it is such an odd thing to do, almost as if this woman is saying she can be as outrageously unpleasant as she wants, yes even make you clean up her menstrual blood.

oscarwilde Wed 29-Jan-14 14:30:03

Urgh - I'd be tempted to add some laxatives to the lurpak and go on a diet. Won't improve the loo situation any but it will make you feel better.

Then ask if you can use the mens room for a bit as the ladies room has been left in a hazardous condition. Call out the cleaning company every time it happens.

HelloBoys Wed 29-Jan-14 14:30:41

hmc I just know she'd ignore it.

anything she does not want to do she won't do it. and will make up any excuse not to do it.

I think email is way to go and after that if she can't clean up I will just speak to my boss about it.

who knows she IS now using it to harass and its unhygienic.

HelloBoys Wed 29-Jan-14 14:31:52

oscar - so tempted to add something to what she eats...

hopefully I will be leaving soon depending on whether I return to work after ML, get a new job etc

frugalfuzzpig Wed 29-Jan-14 14:36:30

Yuck.

I have at least one very heavy bleed day with each period and I am incredibly careful if using public toilets (I am all the time anyway but particularly paranoid when on my period) there's no excuse not to leave it in the state you'd wish to find it.

A one off where you are distracted and forget, fair enough, but regularly... hmm

Solo Wed 29-Jan-14 14:38:03

When she next complains 'my womb is falling out' reply 'yes I know I can see you have left half of it behind on the seat for me to clear up!'

This is good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now