WIBU to kick this dog?

(88 Posts)
MarmaladeShatkins Wed 29-Jan-14 13:22:51

grin

Sorry, I didn't kick a dog. I need some baking suggestions but no-one ever replies to threads asking for boring stuff, do they?

DS's school is doing a bake off and for those of you who remember, baking comes with much angst at our school. I won't be doing a lemon drizzle or cornflake cakes, though. wink

I am going to try and do something like this as the theme is nature. But I want to do a relevant flavour of cake, but I am having a brain drain and can't think what to do.

Any suggestions gratefully received and I am sorry for tricking you into reading my thread. I can make up a story about kicking a dog if you like?

Caitlin17 Fri 31-Jan-14 17:22:06

I've no idea what the first paragraph is about but it's still funny.

SarahAndFuck Thu 30-Jan-14 20:43:08

The hand wringers on the email thread completely pissed me off. You know who you are. I don't know who you are because I can never remember names, but if I could remember them then you'd be on my list. And if I had a list I'd know your names and this would have been a lot shorter. grin

It would be a crime against cake if that were any flavour other than chocolate. It just screams chocolate. The only other options you've got on that cake are venison or mushroom flavour and nobody wants that in a cake.

Inertia Thu 30-Jan-14 20:06:05

I lost this thread- had forgotten about the dog-kicking title-bait.

You could certainly incorporate a dyke (as in vertical igneous rock intrusion) if you did the rock layers cake suggested above by a PP. All natural too.

callamia Thu 30-Jan-14 10:02:43

Chocolate with courgette?

I have a dog story. I was on a packed bus and it braked sharply. I stumbled a bit and ended up treading on a guide dog who was lying minding his own business. I still feel wretched about this.

TwoThreeFourSix Thu 30-Jan-14 09:51:46

Chocolate and raspberries?

Haven't a dog kicking story but I got bitten by a dog once when I was out jogging. Totally panicked and ran off back home where I rang DH in hysterics

Then had to have rabies jabs for the next few weeks (not in the UK) and every single time I got "told off" for not having a) asked the owner if the dog was vaccinated b) gotten the owner's details so they could contact him to test the dog hmm

Chippednailvarnish Wed 29-Jan-14 21:00:13

Does Man A bake - he might be the one to ask to help...

BigW Wed 29-Jan-14 20:20:49

I am in no way a baker and I am on a diet, but I also want to make this cake. Chocolate orange soil and cunt bunting and everything!

VivaLeBeaver Wed 29-Jan-14 20:20:04
VivaLeBeaver Wed 29-Jan-14 20:18:28

You could do an orchard cake. Decorate it on the top to look like an allotment. So green surface with blobs on for carrots, apple trees, lemon trees, etc.

Cook different cakes in blocks and cover it as one cake. One section could be carrot cake, on apple and cinnamon, one lemon drizzle. one cabbage flavour

Misspixietrix Wed 29-Jan-14 20:07:43

I'm a shifty baker too Moomin. I just bake it and blame the decorating skills on the DCs. That's what they're there for right? grin. Anymore ways we can think of to help Marmalade use indirect messages? grin.

MoominIsGoingToBeAMumWaitWHAT Wed 29-Jan-14 19:34:02

I miss my dog so much when I'm away at uni sad

I want to make this cake now.

just a shame I'm a terrible baker

Misspixietrix Wed 29-Jan-14 19:28:35

Talking of Dogs so we don't get in to trouble one nearly tripped me over at school run time. He saw a cat and went batshit for it. Chasing it all over the road. Hope Cat got away safely and laughed at the tiny arsed dog from high up on a tree branch grin <whistles nonchalantly>.

Misspixietrix Wed 29-Jan-14 19:24:53

Oh yes! Please put the dyke water feature in there. You could borrow a really dextrous friend and get them to do it? Then sit back and watch Lemon Drizzles her face and see if she's noticed! grin.

MarmaladeShatkins Wed 29-Jan-14 19:23:10

I'll be making the squirrels out of Schleich toys. grin

FastWindow Wed 29-Jan-14 19:03:47

No socks in snooker, that's a push shot. Totally allowed in RL.

AlpacaPicnic Wed 29-Jan-14 19:00:23

Mmmm chocolate orange cake... You could grate a Terry's chocolate orange to use as 'soil'

What will you be making the squirrels out of?

MarmaladeShatkins Wed 29-Jan-14 18:53:59

HA HA HA HA! If I was that dextrous, I would do it!

I might make a 'dyke' too. That's nature innit? A little water feature.

Misspixietrix Wed 29-Jan-14 18:08:15

I LOVE Moomins suggestion. Marmalade can you stick an e-mail in there too? grin

MoominIsGoingToBeAMumWaitWHAT Wed 29-Jan-14 18:03:02

you could have chocolate orange cake, with woodland creatures actually doing little chocolate cornflake cake poos onto lemon drizzle cupcakes on top?

Tasty and topical.

MarmaladeShatkins Wed 29-Jan-14 18:00:45

Or I could put AIBU on the tiny bunting?

Misspixietrix Wed 29-Jan-14 17:52:17

Otmaybe the squirrel pic as first post and leave one holding a tiny little lemon drizzle cake. You know? Its a coded message from your MN world <taps nose>.

matildamatilda Wed 29-Jan-14 17:50:57

Pineapple or peach upside down cake.

Apple cobbler.

Misspixietrix Wed 29-Jan-14 17:50:19

Melt two chocolate oranges down and mix into cake mix! You do realise you've got to win don't you. Like not just a little bit Marmalade win with little tiny cunt sprinkles on in rainbow colours. No pressure grin.

Caitlin17 Wed 29-Jan-14 17:33:48

Carrot cake works brilliantly with sultanas and no nuts. It also works really well with dessicated coconut and no other nuts(stupid question but is coconut a "nut"?)

MarmaladeShatkins Wed 29-Jan-14 17:00:45

I'll do it posh like on GBBO when they have to ice 'Sachertorte' or 'Opera' in joined up writing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now