WIBU to kick this dog?

(88 Posts)
MarmaladeShatkins Wed 29-Jan-14 13:22:51

grin

Sorry, I didn't kick a dog. I need some baking suggestions but no-one ever replies to threads asking for boring stuff, do they?

DS's school is doing a bake off and for those of you who remember, baking comes with much angst at our school. I won't be doing a lemon drizzle or cornflake cakes, though. wink

I am going to try and do something like this as the theme is nature. But I want to do a relevant flavour of cake, but I am having a brain drain and can't think what to do.

Any suggestions gratefully received and I am sorry for tricking you into reading my thread. I can make up a story about kicking a dog if you like?

HarpyFishwifeTwat Wed 29-Jan-14 13:48:23

It's only ok to kick if it sits in a P&C parking space without a puppy and refuses to move. Bastard.

formerbabe Wed 29-Jan-14 13:48:43

Banana and pecan muffins...buy some dried banana slices and put one on top of each muffin before you bake them...it looks really nice.

MarmaladeShatkins Wed 29-Jan-14 13:49:51

"It's only ok to kick if it sits in a P&C parking space without a puppy and refuses to move. Bastard."

grin

Socks555 Wed 29-Jan-14 13:49:59

I don't kick my cat, but I have to "nudge" him now and again with my foot.

It's not really kicking, is it?

ScentedScandal Wed 29-Jan-14 13:51:52

You could make a cake tableaux depicting the dog at the picnic?grinwink

Seriously though I would be in awe of a cake like the one you linked to...I agree a chocolate/hazelnut flavour (as long as school ok with the nut side of it)

Objection Wed 29-Jan-14 13:52:58

Beetroot and Chocolate.

This poster loves it Chocolate and Beetroot

MarmaladeShatkins Wed 29-Jan-14 13:58:19

That would have given me the boak! I hate unexpected bits of shit in cakes angry

Sparklysilversequins Wed 29-Jan-14 13:58:50

I would expect want that cake to be chocolate. I would be meh! If I cut into it and it was anything else.

TwoThreeFourSix Wed 29-Jan-14 14:02:12

I also would say chocolate without hesitation

but then I only ever cook plain sponge or chocolate cake

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 29-Jan-14 14:04:02

Chocolate spice cake.

I knew someone who hit a man with the man's own dog once.

Socks555 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:06:10

It's not really MY cat I nudge anyway

I could never do that to my boy!

It's a stray cat that has adopted us.

OK - will stop diverting the conversation

BigW Wed 29-Jan-14 14:06:43

shock at Angela

Was it you?

MarmaladeShatkins Wed 29-Jan-14 14:09:12

"I knew someone who hit a man with the man's own dog once."

TELL US MORE.

I always shift the cat with my foot. He's liable to take a chunk out of me if I try and move him off my bed!

Chocolate is looking most likely then, but it needs to be chocolate and something else... mint would probably good, but I hate mint. Should I make this not about me?

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 29-Jan-14 14:13:12

Oh, alright then.

Man A is walking large old Rottweiler off lead, keeping the Rottie close.

Man B is walking English bull terrier off lead, EBT is running about.

EBT runs up to Rottie, snarling. It's about to kick off.

Man A takes Rottie by collar, bats off EBT, calls to Man B 'Can you call and leash your dog, please, it's about to kick off.'

Man B says 'Fuck off, nigger' and turns his back.

Man A releases Rottie, picks up EBT by hind legs and swigs it like a weapon, battering Man B across face.

Man B lies prone, EBT runs off yelping.

Man A puts Rottie on lead and goes home.

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 29-Jan-14 14:13:59

'swings', not 'swigs', sorry.

MarmaladeShatkins Wed 29-Jan-14 14:15:39

OH MY GOD! That is awful.

Man A is a hero.

hudyerwheesht Wed 29-Jan-14 14:16:52

shock shock

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 29-Jan-14 14:17:36

Man B must have been very dim. Man A is a big fellow, arms like hams. Very obviously not the type to go meekly and sadly home faced with that kind of talk.

shock

Socks555 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:18:39

Poor EBT though, he must've thought WTF??

MoominIsGoingToBeAMumWaitWHAT Wed 29-Jan-14 14:20:37

chocolate orange!!!!

lunar1 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:21:16

I don't think anyone else should answer you till we get an update on your PTA gossip, have I missed one since the mass email went out?

Personally I think you should stick to cornflake buns, maybe you could branch out and do shredded wheat nests.

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 29-Jan-14 14:22:05

I agree poor EBT, but how else to protect Rottie (old and placid) and punish Man B at the same time?

WhereIsMyHat Wed 29-Jan-14 14:23:58

Banana and Nutella loaf here

Socks555 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:24:23

It's so territorial and masculine isn't.

I hope they all went home with their tales between their legs after such a shameful display.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now