Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

WIBU to kick this dog?

(88 Posts)
MarmaladeShatkins Italy Wed 29-Jan-14 13:22:51

grin

Sorry, I didn't kick a dog. I need some baking suggestions but no-one ever replies to threads asking for boring stuff, do they?

DS's school is doing a bake off and for those of you who remember, baking comes with much angst at our school. I won't be doing a lemon drizzle or cornflake cakes, though. wink

I am going to try and do something like this as the theme is nature. But I want to do a relevant flavour of cake, but I am having a brain drain and can't think what to do.

Any suggestions gratefully received and I am sorry for tricking you into reading my thread. I can make up a story about kicking a dog if you like?

HarpyFishwifeTwat Wed 29-Jan-14 13:48:23

It's only ok to kick if it sits in a P&C parking space without a puppy and refuses to move. Bastard.

formerbabe Wed 29-Jan-14 13:48:43

Banana and pecan muffins...buy some dried banana slices and put one on top of each muffin before you bake them...it looks really nice.

MarmaladeShatkins Italy Wed 29-Jan-14 13:49:51

"It's only ok to kick if it sits in a P&C parking space without a puppy and refuses to move. Bastard."

grin

Socks555 Wed 29-Jan-14 13:49:59

I don't kick my cat, but I have to "nudge" him now and again with my foot.

It's not really kicking, is it?

ScentedScandal Wed 29-Jan-14 13:51:52

You could make a cake tableaux depicting the dog at the picnic?grinwink

Seriously though I would be in awe of a cake like the one you linked to...I agree a chocolate/hazelnut flavour (as long as school ok with the nut side of it)

Objection Wed 29-Jan-14 13:52:58

Beetroot and Chocolate.

This poster loves it Chocolate and Beetroot

MarmaladeShatkins Italy Wed 29-Jan-14 13:58:19

That would have given me the boak! I hate unexpected bits of shit in cakes angry

Sparklysilversequins Wed 29-Jan-14 13:58:50

I would expect want that cake to be chocolate. I would be meh! If I cut into it and it was anything else.

TwoThreeFourSix Wed 29-Jan-14 14:02:12

I also would say chocolate without hesitation

but then I only ever cook plain sponge or chocolate cake

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 29-Jan-14 14:04:02

Chocolate spice cake.

I knew someone who hit a man with the man's own dog once.

Socks555 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:06:10

It's not really MY cat I nudge anyway

I could never do that to my boy!

It's a stray cat that has adopted us.

OK - will stop diverting the conversation

BigW Wed 29-Jan-14 14:06:43

shock at Angela

Was it you?

MarmaladeShatkins Italy Wed 29-Jan-14 14:09:12

"I knew someone who hit a man with the man's own dog once."

TELL US MORE.

I always shift the cat with my foot. He's liable to take a chunk out of me if I try and move him off my bed!

Chocolate is looking most likely then, but it needs to be chocolate and something else... mint would probably good, but I hate mint. Should I make this not about me?

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 29-Jan-14 14:13:12

Oh, alright then.

Man A is walking large old Rottweiler off lead, keeping the Rottie close.

Man B is walking English bull terrier off lead, EBT is running about.

EBT runs up to Rottie, snarling. It's about to kick off.

Man A takes Rottie by collar, bats off EBT, calls to Man B 'Can you call and leash your dog, please, it's about to kick off.'

Man B says 'Fuck off, nigger' and turns his back.

Man A releases Rottie, picks up EBT by hind legs and swigs it like a weapon, battering Man B across face.

Man B lies prone, EBT runs off yelping.

Man A puts Rottie on lead and goes home.

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 29-Jan-14 14:13:59

'swings', not 'swigs', sorry.

MarmaladeShatkins Italy Wed 29-Jan-14 14:15:39

OH MY GOD! That is awful.

Man A is a hero.

hudyerwheesht Wed 29-Jan-14 14:16:52

shock shock

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 29-Jan-14 14:17:36

Man B must have been very dim. Man A is a big fellow, arms like hams. Very obviously not the type to go meekly and sadly home faced with that kind of talk.

shock

Socks555 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:18:39

Poor EBT though, he must've thought WTF??

MoominIsGoingToBeAMumWaitWHAT Wed 29-Jan-14 14:20:37

chocolate orange!!!!

lunar1 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:21:16

I don't think anyone else should answer you till we get an update on your PTA gossip, have I missed one since the mass email went out?

Personally I think you should stick to cornflake buns, maybe you could branch out and do shredded wheat nests.

AngelaDaviesHair Wed 29-Jan-14 14:22:05

I agree poor EBT, but how else to protect Rottie (old and placid) and punish Man B at the same time?

WhereIsMyHat Wed 29-Jan-14 14:23:58

Banana and Nutella loaf here

Socks555 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:24:23

It's so territorial and masculine isn't.

I hope they all went home with their tales between their legs after such a shameful display.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now