AIBU to hate hate hate my hairy chin.

(141 Posts)
ihatemyhairychin Wed 29-Jan-14 13:17:05

Namechanged for this as I'm so embarrassed.

OK - so I am nearly 40 years old, female and have facial hair.

It started about 10 years ago - just the odd black hair on my chin, but now there are bloody loads of them in small patches on my chin and underneath. They are thick & black and not like the little bit of fuzz I get on my upper lip. I shave my chin every morning (and sometimes in the evening too). Can't bear to leave it long enough for waxing or threading.

I paid for laser hair removal about 5 years ago and have had a course on the NHS as well, but they don't seem to have worked.

Do I have to deal with this forever? I can only imagine it getting worse as I get older and that is very depressing. Any other hairy folk out there with any advice?

RainYourRottingMyDhaliaBulbs Wed 05-Feb-14 14:34:36

Sugar do you have PCOS
Jack is your clinic nationwide can we have a name?

JackNoneReacher Wed 05-Feb-14 14:41:26

sugar mine too. I'm a new person.

RainYourRottingMyDhaliaBulbs Wed 05-Feb-14 14:44:49

and the laser is just - laser not this ipl or whatever ...

riskit4abiskit Wed 05-Feb-14 15:44:58

I also received my epistick but im not sure if im doing it wrong. I need to get at the neck hairs under the jawline!

Read a lot of Amazon reviews. Spent two hours trying different methods to no avail.

Any tips anyone?

IWillKillHisXbox Wed 05-Feb-14 15:48:13

Gosh I must be one of the odd few who plucks their chin before 40 years of age. It started afew years ago but every week I see more...

SugarplumKate Wed 05-Feb-14 15:50:10

Yes, I have PCOS (and think I would have always been hairy anyway, due to pale skin and dark hair). I really feel for you, it is so demoralising. Don't forget laser treatment needs a top up after a couple of years. Maybe try a different sort of laser? It is the one and only thing that has made a difference for me xx

Fakebook Wed 05-Feb-14 16:49:27

Riskit, try laying the spring part flat under the chin and then just bending and twisting the two ends. So you'll have a half a rectangle shaped epistick, if that makes sense?

SoleSource Wed 05-Feb-14 17:15:30

Doesn't the Epistick really hurt? <wimp>

Fakebook Wed 05-Feb-14 18:01:12

I suppose if you're used to waxing and threading then it doesn't hurt that much Sole. I've only used it for a few mins to test out and I found twisting it really rapidly using the same technique as threading was less painful than doing it slowly.

SoleSource Wed 05-Feb-14 18:17:30

I shall buy one Fakebook thank you for your advice. smile

frogslegs35 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:44:18

Riskit
I push the epistick, while bent, against the growth of the hair to catch it in the coil. It doesn't seem to catch it on my neck if I do it in the direction the hair is growing.
Hope that makes sense.

Sole
I'd agree with Fake - it hurts no more than plucking really, maybe a tiny bit more but you're pulling multiple hairs instead of individual ones so that makes it better and less painful in the long run.
YY also to the quicker you ping it off the less it hurts.

I also got my epistick today and cannot get it to work sad

Fakebook Wed 05-Feb-14 21:08:25

Wheredo, if you look on YouTube they have loads of videos showing you how to work it. In a nutshell you just bend it into an upside down U shape and put it against your skin and twist both ends whilst gently pushing the coil part upwards. Where are you trying to remove hair from? Could you practise on your leg first?

I never thought of that! Thanks Fakebook smile

Omfg, the pain !!

Fakebook Wed 05-Feb-14 22:38:49

No pain, no gain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now