to ask you to send good wishes to goodnessknows for her operation tomorrow

(86 Posts)
livelablove Mon 27-Jan-14 17:14:58

goodnessknows has a scary operation tomorrow, to remove a tumour on her spine. She is feeling a bit panicky, so I thought she might like your supportive messages to encourage her. Here is a link to her thread goodnessknows

NationMcKinley Fri 07-Feb-14 19:30:16

That is bloody fantastic news! I'm so pleased for you, Goodness flowers and of course wine!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 07-Feb-14 20:17:02

Fantastic news!

What happens next Goodness (apart from you being able to breathe a huge sigh a relief)?

Trance Fri 07-Feb-14 22:44:11

Wonderful news!
See, your dream was the opposite after all!
So pleased for you
X

GoodnessKnows Fri 07-Feb-14 23:56:18

A low grade sarcoma is cancer. But it's a slow growing, non-aggressive sort. It can grow back but slowly and with monitoring can and would, please gd, be spotted. It's been removed, they think, in its entirety. There's a journey ahead and more slow recovery to be done. Hurting a bit today. Think I took the physio's instructions of 10 of each a bit too literally. They probably meant for me to work up to doing 10 reps. of each. Haha
I've consultants to visit and tests to go through. Support is available, too.

A diagnosis of fibromastitis from histology would've been really rather different: very high likelihood of aggressive tumours growing back which, though benign, would need to be treated by the most aggressive forms of cancer-fighting treatments - chemo., radiotherapy and awful drugs.

Thank gd I'm on the road I'm on, I think.

So I've learned many things:

The 7 Wonders of My World
1. There are 'friendlier' cancers.
2. There are parts of my spine I don't need.
3. I have many friends who really are there for me. They're not all the ones I thought they'd be. Many are those that I didn't know were friends.
4. Mumsnet is an oasis and incredible haven of support and advice from those who've 'been there'.
5. Secret Facebook groups are, too.
6. I'm not immune to spectacularly rare things happening to little old me - maybe I'll meet the Queen one day, too !
7. Life is more precious than ever.

My consultant/ surgeon will contact me by letter following next Thursday 's meeting re. my 'care plan'. Then he'll see me at 6 weeks post-op.

QOD Sat 08-Feb-14 22:48:28

Oddly pleased for you!!

Sounds like its good news as it goes x

GoodnessKnows Sun 09-Feb-14 07:00:16

Think so, QED
Can't quite get my own head around it either smile

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 09-Feb-14 21:52:55

Crikey!

How are you getting on at home now?

GoodnessKnows Sun 09-Feb-14 22:56:45

First outing today. Walked around shops for one hour

Fell into bed feeling like ten tonne weight when home but was so much more motivating than walking to the end of the hospital corridor with nothing but nosing into poor patients' rooms for want of distraction. Today: shops. And boy did I have fun:
Massive pink princess dressing up dress for DD (3)
Maths game DS (6) will never agree to play
Prune juice - necessary
Gosh, that was frugal

Did not buy but am still obsessing about:
Joules dress I love
Ebay cardi I don't want to miss but hope doesn't reach my maximum bid. What a fool I am!

goldie81 Sun 09-Feb-14 23:22:09

Sounds like a fab time! With still enough energy for a gossip

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 10-Feb-14 10:58:08

That's great - so soon too!

Just get on and put your maximum bid in for the cardie - surely you deserve a treat too?!

GoodnessKnows Mon 10-Feb-14 23:56:47

Thank you, Goldie grin
Luv ya!

Iwish, I won the cardi. Regretting it now 1 as is always the way. Lol
Should've bought a new coral coloured one smile
But looking forward to being proven wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now