Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

AIBU to have unfriended someone on FB for posting a "900 days til my wedding" status

(54 Posts)
dontsqueezetheteabag Mon 27-Jan-14 16:37:44

Seriously.... FFS.

I would not be able to stand the constant countdown. July 2016. Live in the now!!

OpalQuartz Wed 29-Jan-14 13:33:50

Bit odd to unfriend after one update. If she was counting down every day would be more understandable.

FootieOnTheTelly Wed 29-Jan-14 13:42:02

YANBU

900 days! What is she thinking!

WallyBantersJunkBox Wed 29-Jan-14 13:54:43

In my old home town if you want a wedding with a decent amount of friends and family attending, say 80+, with convenient, decent accommodation, good food and service, there are only two venues that are anywhere near suitable.

When I attended a family wedding at one of these venues last year the mother of the groom told me that they had to book it two years in advance due to waiting lists, and that it was now booked up for the next three years.

It wasn't an ott princess fairy castle place, just quite nice. I was quite surprised, but since hearing this the 900 days wouldn't make me hmm now. As long as it wasn't a daily update from here on....

She had probably made the major booking and wanted to share her excitement that it was all going ahead.

Far better than our 41 yo friend and his now DW daily postings to each other in baby talk of how many sleeps before I'm Mrs. Fi-Fi (surname) in the month countdown to the big day.

Still I didn't feel the need to de-friend, I just blocked his status feed.

Topaz25 Wed 29-Jan-14 14:36:33

Oh I missed the bit where you made a big deal about unfriending her and bitching about her on your status. YABVU. If you don't want to be friends with someone just don't be, don't gossip about them behind their back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now