To feel mortified that this was not picked up on... WARNING HORRIFIC PICTURES

(124 Posts)
diaimchlo Thu 23-Jan-14 14:20:28

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2085222/Kimberley-Hainey-House-horror-baby-son-died.html

Another poor defenseless child suffering at the hands of the one person they should be able to trust to safeguard their well-being.

R.I.P little angel.

DustyBaubles Thu 23-Jan-14 17:48:14

Steady on there Weelady, your compassion and ability to look at the wider picture might overwhelm you.

Have you unfortunately mistaken MN for the DM? sad

Who are the great 'they' that you want sterilised?

everlong Thu 23-Jan-14 17:48:58

Being a drug addict doesn't equate to being ill does it?

There is NO excuse for this.

happynewday Thu 23-Jan-14 17:52:21

Goodness me sad

Weelady77 Thu 23-Jan-14 17:52:40

Dusty junkies who can't look after their baby's due to being out their heads on drugs!!

DustyBaubles Thu 23-Jan-14 17:53:52

People in the grip of an addiction to alcohol/drugs that renders them unable to function in society, unable to care for themselves or others, are certainly ill, in my opinion.

WeeLady Do fuck off, how do you think someone born to drug addicts would feel reading that you think they should never have been allowed to exist?

Like shit, I can tell you that.

everlong Thu 23-Jan-14 17:56:15

But she murdered her baby and left him for 8 months.

And I agree with Everlong that it's no excuse.

Weelady77 Thu 23-Jan-14 17:59:41

To me it's self inflicted!!

And good on the ones who have helped themselves

Nojustalurker Thu 23-Jan-14 18:00:14

Do we know if the flat was is that state when the child died?

Weelady77 Thu 23-Jan-14 18:00:32

Has drugs ever affected your family???

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 23-Jan-14 18:00:51

Only on MN would completely disgusting crimes against innocent children some how be twisted to make the perpetrater a victim.

The only victim was that poor baby. There must have been a time at some age was at a drs or the baby was at te drs and she could have said something, anything to get help for her or her baby.

CoffeeTea103 Thu 23-Jan-14 18:01:02

It definitely isn't an excuse. An excuse that she killed her child? She's a vile person, should never be allowed to have a child again.

Bad people do bad things, people who are not addicts or ill kill or abuse children every day.

Should everyone be sterilised just in case?

Addiction may be self inflicted (although that's arguable in some cases as many turn to it young as they themselves have experienced abuse) but that doesn't stop the people born to them feeling pretty worthless when thoughtless idiots start spouting about how their parents should have been sterislised.

Weelady77 Thu 23-Jan-14 18:04:11

I asked has drugs ever affected your family??

GlitzAndGiggles Thu 23-Jan-14 18:05:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

2tiredtocare Thu 23-Jan-14 18:05:33

Dear God

theywillgrowup Thu 23-Jan-14 18:05:44

a woman that can throw rubbish on top of her dead child and continue to draw the childs benefit (from what i can remember) is not ill,selfish,manipulative,and many more words yes

Actually it has. I once started a thread on here on the subject of people talking about how "they should all be sterilised" on addiction threads.

There is no excuse for what happened to that child, not drugs or illness but commenting on every single addict as if this is the situation with all is ridiculous.

Only1scoop Thu 23-Jan-14 18:08:06

Just terrifies me the thought she may create another little life.
As it does in all these horrific cases hmm

If she does that child would be removed immediately.

Weelady77 Thu 23-Jan-14 18:10:26

Well you obviously know how devastating it is bringing little babies into the world who can't be looked after! And if their lucky enough social work step in and get them out of there!!

I maybe worded it wrong but I do believe if addicted woman don't try and help their addiction they should be sterillised!

DustyBaubles Thu 23-Jan-14 18:12:10

It isn't a matter of making the perpetrator the victim.

It's just that I can imagine a number of scenarios that might have led to the outcome in the news story, and none of them require the demonisation, or dehumanisation of the woman involved.

That the child died is a tragedy, but attempting depict the mother as some kind of lower life form is unhelpful and extraordinarily shortsighted.

It's the sort of knee jerk reactionism that allows everyone else to absolve themselves of guilt, safe in the knowledge that 'normal' people wouldn't ever sink to such depths.

But shit happens, and it can happen to anyone.

Weelady77 Thu 23-Jan-14 18:12:54

But schro they can get through the social work loop hole, I've seen it happen!

And how would you do this? 6 months on drugs and they are tied down, put to sleep, cut open and sterilised? How would you deal with the aftermath of that? And only the women? Will men be done too? I'm sure their would be plenty of riots in protest, millions would have to be spent on care for these people (who were probably once abuse/neglect sufferers anyway) as they would most likely be traumatised from such barbaric treatment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now