Please go on miscarrige board and report poster

(81 Posts)
namechangedjustforthis Thu 23-Jan-14 13:01:31

It's on the thread am I definitely miscarrying, please report posts as it's not allowing me to do so, I'm in tears reading them as I've not long lost a baby and the replies would have sent me over the edge xx

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Thu 23-Jan-14 14:16:16

I didn't see the comments but I assume they were revolting and I am so sorry for the OP of that thread that they saw them. Going on the reaction here, they must have been awful and it must have been very hurtful.

re flagging posts, I agree that it is a good idea to have a few categories, some treated as more urgent than others. Certainly a link to a petition is generally of very low priority, for example. Hopefully, and if the categories are well defined, people would choose correctly. Racist, disablist etc are perhaps slightly easier to allocate but how do you effectively grade offensiveness and stop people pressing the grade 1 nuke it now button over something that, objectively, is trivial, leaving it only for something like this-a comment that has plainly sickened all those who saw it?

needaholidaynow Thu 23-Jan-14 14:18:28

Glad I didn't see them. sad Hope you're ok OP xxx

MothratheMighty Thu 23-Jan-14 14:21:12

Perhaps the flag could be linked to specific, sensitive boards, so that if a post is reported on Miscarriage, Bereavement, Mental Health etc then it shows up as needing urgent attention.

HauntedNoddyCar Thu 23-Jan-14 14:27:28

I dodge start a thread (well 3 actually because phone went rogue on me) in site stuff if anyone wants to talk to MNHQ about it.

Hogwash Thu 23-Jan-14 16:19:57

minouminou I don't think it is as easy as checking IP addresses. There was a very sick troll a while ago now who I had conversations with MNHQ about, as did another Mumsnetter. I think MNHQ said that by using a different device/location a different IP address is generated. I'm not familiar with this area, but I think the suggestion was that if someone logged on in Starbucks under one account and then logged on in a library under another account on the same device, a different IP address would be generated. I may have got that wrong though.

Damnautocorrect Thu 23-Jan-14 16:38:03

If I remember rightly from my admin days certain providers (aol for example) cause ip problems too so by banning that one IP address it can block more users.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now