To fire my cleaners for throwing away my last box of breast pads

(53 Posts)
Geneticsbunny Tue 21-Jan-14 19:09:46

I have had mastitis three times in the last three months. Just went to get some new breast pads out of my new box and it is missing. Dh denies all knowledge. Oh and the cleaners are a bit rubbish anyway.

formerbabe Tue 21-Jan-14 19:11:31

Bit extreme...maybe you lost them or didn't have as many as you thought?

Crowler Tue 21-Jan-14 19:12:26

Extreme.

Gossipmonster Tue 21-Jan-14 19:12:37

How big is your house to need more than one cleaner?! shock

Rosencrantz Tue 21-Jan-14 19:13:43

You don't actually know it was them though.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 21-Jan-14 19:13:52

Umm maybe ask them first! Maybe you have misplaced them yourself. And when you say 'last box' what exacyly does that mean- its only the last box til you get another box, which you can do for very little money in asda/tesco/boots. Calm down maybe.

HoratiaDrelincourt Tue 21-Jan-14 19:14:13

It was your husband. He fears your rage.

hmm

Are you feeling a bit feverish? Ok - so this mastitis - is it always the same boob?

Fairy1303 Tue 21-Jan-14 19:16:58

I don't want to rush to giving you a biscuit
But...

biscuit

whereisshe Tue 21-Jan-14 19:17:59

How old is your baby? Since DD was born I've discovered just how debilitating sleep deprivation is, particularly for the memory! Are you sure you didn't just run out?

But by all means get rid of the cleaners if they are rubbish at cleaning. Ours doesn't tidy (she's a cleaner not a maid), so maybe that's the solution in future?

Steady on, get shot of them for legitimate reasons if they're shoddy.

Send dh out for more breast pads and dont get the rage over this.

Oblomov Tue 21-Jan-14 19:28:56

This is a wind up, right?

Mim78 Tue 21-Jan-14 19:33:45

Maybe don't fire them but I would ask them about it.

A cleaner I had threw away a present I'd bought for dd's friend (5). I asked her about it and she said no way would she have chucked. Then I found it in a bin bag she had emptied bins into (only she had put things in there). It had previously been on side board in a see through bag.

I told her she had found it and she resigned!

So moral could be either to say nothing or to say something because now I have much better/ nicer cleaner...

Geneticsbunny Tue 21-Jan-14 19:54:26

Dh has retrieved some more pads for me. Pretty sure it was the cleaners as the new box was next to the bin. they might have thought they had fallen out? More concerned about their quality of clean tbh. I assumed the point of Aibu was to be a bit inflammatory with the headline, like the daily mail, so that more people commented?

formerbabe Tue 21-Jan-14 19:57:47

I feel a bit sorry for your cleaners now! Mastitis is pretty shit but its only breast pads ffs!

I also thought it was a wind up!

paxtecum Tue 21-Jan-14 20:11:52

OP: Line your bra with cabbage leaves and change them every day or twice a day.

Hope it gets better soon.

itsnotthateasy Tue 21-Jan-14 20:45:40

Buy some more .. If you can afford two cleaners then Im sure breast pads should be a doddle !
Their quality of clean ? Perhaps you should do your own housework then like sooooo soooo many others have too,

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 21-Jan-14 21:52:27

grin

Ah OP you are very cute. No the point of AIBU is to ask a question about any particular topic to garner opinion on whether you are being unreasonable or not. However you have clearly noticed that some posters have gotten this backwards and post dramatic titles to gain attention for what turn out to be very dull and not at all AIBU related OPs. Sometimes people post deliberately inflammatory treads and we calm them goady fuckers or trolls and they get deleted and/or banned. Inflammatory threads are best avoided if you want to stay here.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 21-Jan-14 21:54:51

Itsnotthateasy OP has recently had a child and he pays two people to clean her house- she is entitled to expect good quality work in return for that money. And i speak as a cleaner! If i was doing shit work i would expect to be given my marching orders. If i regularly went roud telling my clients to do their own cleaning i'd find they might take me up on that offer and i mightnt eat for a while!

gamerchick Tue 21-Jan-14 21:55:16

use half a nappy or panty pad.

SpagBogs Tue 21-Jan-14 22:00:49

How about you stop being lazy and clean your own house!

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 21-Jan-14 22:12:25

hmm @ spagbogs

Do you tell people to sweep their own streets or take their own wheelie bins to the dump? What about cutting their own hair or making their own clothes? Why the hell should she clean her own house if she can afford to pay someone else to do it?

willyoulistentome Tue 21-Jan-14 22:16:30

Antibiotics is what you need. Mastitis is grim. Get thee down to the gp.

WooWooOwl Tue 21-Jan-14 22:18:30

If you are concerned about the quality of their work, you discuss it with them. If it doesn't improve, then you find another cleaner.

SpagBogs Tue 21-Jan-14 22:27:43

@YoureBeingASillyBilly

You're reply was useless.Taking wheelie bins to the bin is a complete different subject that IBU to ask someone to take their bin. If you cut your own hair you will look ridiculous, so giving me that sort of reply is useless. Many of us are busy and have too many rooms to clean but do not employ cleaners it not whether you can afford it or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now