to think that actually, I may die of sleep deprivation

(77 Posts)
Fancydrawers Tue 21-Jan-14 18:11:27

It feels like it. Particularly as she wakes every 1-2 hours with no let up, and has since birth. She is 6 months. This is how I will meet my end, I fear.

peppinagiro Wed 22-Jan-14 10:13:26

Fancy - no good advice to add, but I'm in the exact same boat! <waves blearily> My DD is also 6mo, co-sleeping, will only feed to sleep, bottle/formula refuser, dummy refuser, spends THE WHOLE NIGHT latched on and occasionally sucking, and wakes every hour atm. We have the odd run of 2 or 3 nights where she maybe goes 3 hour blocks and I feel human, but they're rare. Plus they probably only happen because even she's too exhausted to stay awake anymore.

You really have my sympathy. It's awful isn't it? I spent most of last week sobbing myself awake each morning. I actually reached the point of being desperate enough to try again with the cot, but she screamed, I was too tired to perservere. There's a lot of good advice upthread, but personally, I'm too tired to do anything in the night than just whack my boob back in her mouth and keep my eyes closed.

I found my salvation has been sticking her on DH in the sling one or two evenings a week so she sleeps there, and I get a good baby-free sleep until about 11 when he sticks her in next to me. Am planning that tonight. I may also have a glass of wine. That thought is going to get me through the next 9 hours til bedtime.

Hope you get some sleep at some point in your life ever.

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Wed 22-Jan-14 10:19:11

Could she be a little thirsty rather than hungry in the night? Perhaps have a sippy cup of water to hand and give her a little of that if she wakes. If she's only thirsty that might help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now