Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to be fuming about inconsiderate people not clearing dog's mess and dropping litter

(18 Posts)
Ineedhelp88 Tue 21-Jan-14 16:55:43

Left my house this morning to find dog's mess just outside my gate. The owner probably walked the dog early morning and knew they would not be seen. I cleared it by throwing warm water and cleaning products over it.

This evening a car parked outside my house. The driver stopped to eat, threw the KFC packaging on the road and drove off.

They would not do this outside their own home.

itsnotthateasy Tue 21-Jan-14 19:23:56

Disgusting. YANBU.

A particular bugbear of mine is chewing gum on pavements ,, Inconsiderate twats. angry

MrsKwazii Tue 21-Jan-14 19:37:00

It is horrible, but there are always idiots who think it's ok to do it because there are street cleaners to sort it out. But there only have to be street cleaners because of lazy bastards who litter. The money spent on street cleaning could be much better spent elsewhere. More bins in busy areas always helps, but it's attitudes that need to change.

dogindisguise Tue 21-Jan-14 19:52:44

It's horrible. I don't know why people have to be like that.

formerbabe Tue 21-Jan-14 20:09:58

Yes it is disgusting. I am against the death penalty but hanging is too good for the scum who do this!

bella411 Tue 21-Jan-14 20:13:10

I am sick to the back teeth of the amount of dog mess where I live. Even the nicer parts when I go for a walk with dd.

If people don't want to pick up their dog's mess don't get a dog! As I don't want to cleaning it off my shoes, dd pram etc. Not looking forward to dd walking for this reason!

I work at some shops across the road from some retirement flats. we have noticed that a good 80% of dog mess comes from the retired peoples pets. Quite a few can't bend over to pick up the mess.

Then we have the mess from the chippy...

sooperdooper Tue 21-Jan-14 21:25:05

I totally agree, a bloke in the street actually thanked me when he saw me picking up after my dog in the street the other day - said that so many people don't bother it was nice to see someone taking responsibility, I can't stand it, it's part of having a dog and pure selfish and lazy behaviour to leave it

Financeprincess Tue 21-Jan-14 23:40:36

If I see somebody dropping litter, I often pick it up, walk after them and shame them. Or shove it into the hood of their coat.

BrianTheMole Tue 21-Jan-14 23:45:01

Shove it into the hood of their coat? Really? That is so aggressive. Has anyone thumped you yet for grabbing hold of a stranger and doing that?

Financeprincess Wed 22-Jan-14 00:17:10

No.

Mouthfulofquiz Wed 22-Jan-14 03:34:00

You can get long handled poop scoopers from amazon. NO EXCUSE for being to old / inflexible to pick up dog shit. I would tell anyone I saw to pick it up, regardless of age.

ihaveacrazycat Wed 22-Jan-14 03:47:21

Do not even get me started on dog poo! My road is horrendous for it as you can walk down it to get to the local dog walking fields. Always finding it at the bottom of my drive & I've actually found it in my front garden!! When I walk down my road I just have to look at my feet now or I would step in some. It's disgusting, wrong & illegal. But that doesn't stop people. Like someone else said if you don't/ can't / won't clear up after your dog, don't have one.

No. YANBU. On Sunday evening, after I'd been at work for 13 hours, I parked outside my last call of the evening.
Woman lives in a dark road and I didn't notice that I'd trodden in a pile of shite.
I went into her house and realised. I was then on the horns of a dilemma. Should I just pretend I didn't notice (she has dementia and woudln't notice herself) or clear it up?
I got home an hour later.

jellywibbling Wed 22-Jan-14 08:59:07

My ds' school is on a lane frequented by dog walkers. There is mess all the way up, so you can imagine what it's like when all the children run out at pick up time! There is a narrow gate at the bottom so you can get directly to the nursery without going in the main gates and yesterday someone had let their dog poo RIGHT ACROSS the gateway so all the preschoolers had to hop over it! What kind of a person does that???

CunningAtBothEnds Wed 22-Jan-14 09:22:37

YANBU. As a dog owner id never leave his poo. often come accross it myself though its vile! DS1 shames litterbugs. he picks up their rubbish and shouts 'scuse meeee 'scuse meeeee you dropped this! and foists it back to them with an "its noooorty to drop wubbish you know". every single one thus far has said something along the lines of sorry whilst blushing!! grin

Chiggers Wed 22-Jan-14 10:11:34

As the owner of 2 rescue dogs, DH and I have had our DC asking us many times why people don't pick up their dog's mess. DS even confronted a guy who was about to walk off after his dog had a dump. He just went up to the guy gave him a poop bag and said "Here you go mister, you can clean up your dog poo now". Poor guy didn't know where to turn, but looked very put out that a youngster shamed him.

I have poop bags stuffed everywhere, in all pockets. I do it so that whatever jacket/coat/gilet etc, so that I have no chance of going out without the bags. They come in handy for many situations anyway. For instance, my college group were to do presentations on breathing rates and exercise. One of my group was so scared that she puked. Luckily, I grabbed one of the bags and gave it to her to vomit in. It saved the cleaners a job if nothing else grin

Feminine Wed 22-Jan-14 10:23:00

yanbu.

we have a grass verge outside our home.

Some ass decided it was fine to let their animal go wild!

A turd so large, that I am surprised the dog made it.

I'm still livid, and it happened 2 weeks ago...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now