Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think that if you go home sick...

(54 Posts)
loveulotslikejellytots Tue 21-Jan-14 12:09:18

You don't go to the gym that evening. I'm feeling generally crap, but of a cold, headache, hot and cold etc. just not comfy at work. My (lovely) boss has told me to go home.

I' exalted DH to say I'll be at home, he's asked if I'm coming to the gym tonight? If I feel the way I do now then I won't be, but he said if I feel better i could go.

AIBU to think that's just not on?

Supercosy Tue 21-Jan-14 20:26:46

It's silly to run or work out when you feel ill. I used to be an absolute manic exerciser, forcing myself to workout through any weather no matter how I felt. I have a different perspective now, for various reasons (being very ill for quite a while and unable to exercise being one of them) and I listen to my body more now. If you're too ill to work you really shouldn't be going to the gym.

newyearhere Tue 21-Jan-14 20:45:01

What would you think if one of your colleagues went home sick and you saw them in the gym after work?

angelinajelly Tue 21-Jan-14 20:46:22

My ex used to nag me about going to the gym, and bang on about "if you get to ten stone it'll be dumping time". I considered myself entirely justified in telling him I was going to the gym and going shopping instead, the nob. Tell your husband that you don't mind if he goes to the gym on his own after he has made you dinner, as you're ill.

PS. I never go to the gym any more, and I look bloody fantastic. He's put on a few pounds since I left him.

DameDeepRedBetty Tue 21-Jan-14 21:26:03

Well done for LTB angelinajelly!

And nice to hear nob has put on the pounds grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now