To be permanently hungry when my period is due?

(43 Posts)
PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 20-Jan-14 23:02:37

My period is on its way tomorrow I predict, as today I have eaten
A bowl of porridge
Half a banana
Half a tub of broccoli and Stilton soup
At least 3 of those extremely chocolatey m and s biscuits. Actually I think it was 4
1 packet Doritos
1 packet smoky bacon crisps
1 pack haribo rhubarb and custard jelly sweets
Dinner of salmon, new potatoes and broccoli
A plum
... And I just felt a bit peckish, so polished off a toasted hot cross bun with loads of butter.
WTF is wrong with me?! Does anyone else get like this around their period or AIB massively U and a complete porker?!

SantanaLopez Mon 20-Jan-14 23:04:31

Me too! How reassuring, I thought I was the only one!

I normally crave really healthy stuff, oddly enough. I can't eat anything processed with PMS.

PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 20-Jan-14 23:05:47

I wish I was the same Santana sad

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 20-Jan-14 23:06:39

Yup, I do. I NEED all the carbs. Nothing else will do.

Me too! And on the first day. Ravenous

Yep me also. Think it's my bodys way of stocking up as for the first couple of days when my period arrives I don't feel hungry at all.

FortyDoorsToNowhere Mon 20-Jan-14 23:07:36

Me too, I eat and eat and eat ( about the only time of the month i do get hungry)

TheMaw Mon 20-Jan-14 23:09:07

Me too, I always want cereal - which weirdly was my only craving when pregnant. It's raisin wheats too, the least cool cereal in the world!

I'm on day two and just want to stuff my hole with crisps, nuts and ketchup sandwiches. Oh and plenty of medicinal wine.

PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 20-Jan-14 23:09:55

Actually, looking at my list, 'all the carbs' seems like a fair description!

i crave chocolate like crazy and i just know it's a pre-menstrual thing because i can just about live without it the rest of the time!

MomentForLife Mon 20-Jan-14 23:10:53

I have this every month too. It's lasts about 2 days for me

Thebluedog Mon 20-Jan-14 23:12:44

And me! I crave anything sweet... I'll just eat and eat and eat. It's how I know when I'm due on.

PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 20-Jan-14 23:13:22

You are all reassuring mesmile

PansOnFire Mon 20-Jan-14 23:13:56

Another one here, I'm like a bottomless pit only I have a very large bottom. With me it starts with cravings for carbs because it exhausts me, I give in and eat the carbs and it's a slippery slope into blood sugar chaos from there. It plays havoc with my very, very bad moods.

I'm awful the week before, the 5 days I'm on and then for a week afterwards because I feel so fat and gross from all the poor eating habits. I think I'm only happy for 1 week a month! Last month I started my diet, I was crawling the walls trying to avoid eating crap, I did pretty well and felt so much better for it. I need to keep up the good habits now but I have zero willpower, especially when my hormones take over.

lottiegarbanzo Mon 20-Jan-14 23:16:20

Yes, the day before only. I lose my normal appetite suppressant. I used to know my period was due because of it - or become suddenly able to explain the previous day's biscuit guzzling.

RayPurchase Mon 20-Jan-14 23:22:53

I'm like this too, I think I'm stocking up for the pukefest that is the first two days of my period. <being female sucks>

EBearhug Mon 20-Jan-14 23:27:23

Me too. Usually for a couple of days, but it's been nearer 5 this month. The worst thing is everything feeling like the end of the world when a minorly negative thing happens.

BikeRunSki Mon 20-Jan-14 23:31:34

Me too.
Stopped for fuel last week. And a peanut butter chunky KitKat. I rarely eat chocolate. Knew I better pick up some tampons at the same time!

Realised that I only ever buy chocolate when I am at that petrol station, and I am only ever there for a particular meeting, and that meeting happens.... every 4 weeks!

steff13 Mon 20-Jan-14 23:31:37

I could eat the walls during the first couple days of my period.

Vidaloca Mon 20-Jan-14 23:32:10

And me.

I can't bear to think what I've eaten today. :-(

I usually quite like being premenstrual. I like the heightened sentimentality and sensitivity.

citruslemon Tue 21-Jan-14 00:12:31

Oh glad it's not me. But I usually crave meat (rarely eat it) and ice cold fizzy pop!!

steff13 Tue 21-Jan-14 00:29:38

Oh glad it's not me. But I usually crave meat (rarely eat it) and ice cold fizzy pop!!

Oh my goodness, I'm not a huge fan of meat, either, but I swear I could almost eat it raw during that "special" time of the month.

ChippingInWadesIn Tue 21-Jan-14 00:33:57

Yup - the fact that I hoover up food is how I know it's about here. OP - you are a lightweight!

JoinYourPlayfellows Tue 21-Jan-14 00:36:33

"Realised that I only ever buy chocolate when I am at that petrol station, and I am only ever there for a particular meeting, and that meeting happens.... every 4 weeks!"

grin

Awesome

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now