Are all DSis crazy?

(23 Posts)

Mine drives me up the wall. Please tell me I am not the only one. Is it an in-built thing that your sister will make you want to knaw your knuckles off?
I am youngest of 2, 3yr age gap, both in our forties now so not likely to change!

Swanbridge Mon 20-Jan-14 12:39:31

On that basis your sister must feel the same way about you?

Talk about a generalisation. YABU.

AwfulMaureen Mon 20-Jan-14 12:39:49

YANBU. I have two and the're both nuts. We still have little fall-outs and we are also in our 40s!

EssentialCoffee Mon 20-Jan-14 12:40:34

YANBU!

cozietoesie Mon 20-Jan-14 12:43:00

There's sometimes a feeling that they ought to be somehow the same as you - but of course they're not. They're their own people and I've found it's often the differences that make you go Woah! Once you accept those (if they're acceptable), you're halfway there.

Electryone Mon 20-Jan-14 12:44:49

So because you don't like or get on with your sister then you think sisters are crazy?! Bit of a leap I think. How about some people just don't get on.

Unless OP is a man Swanbridge.

Talk about generalisation.

But as a sister, yes, we are all designed that way.

MissRabbitsOtherJob Mon 20-Jan-14 12:45:50

YANBU. Mine's a cow

formerbabe Mon 20-Jan-14 12:45:52

My sister is fab...I couldn't be without her! I'm so lucky...I cannot imagine having a sister I wasn't close to.

No, she's quite sane, it's me who drives her nuts.

Teacher (first day of high school) "Little Bunny, are you Big Bunny's sister?"
DSIS Shy nod
Teacher "There aren't anymore of you, Are THERE??!"

Poor DSIS she is neither as eccentric or as academic as me and she doesn't automatically ignore 85% of the school rules.

Swan I an absolutely sure I drive my sister mad and she thinks I am nuts smile

Formerbabe you are so lucky. I love my Dsis but it makes me sad sometimes that we are so different.

Star ball :D

QueenofKelsingra Mon 20-Jan-14 13:12:36

I don't have a sister, only one brother 4 years my junior. I have however never met a set of sisters that have made me think for a second 'I wish I had a sister', infact nearly all of them have made me think 'thank god I have a brother'! was secretly quite relieved that we have ended up with 2 DSs and only one DD!

LondonInHighHeeledBoots Mon 20-Jan-14 13:32:17

As a sister no, we are all fabulous.

Brothers, otoh, should be outlawed. younger brothers specifically. borderline child abuse to give someone multiple younger brothers when they have specifically and repeatedly requested sisters! My cruel, thoughtless parents wink .

It's a bit the same with my DDs
DD1 is the quirky eccentric one and DD2 is quite normal. However, DD2 is the straight A student which makes her life much easier for her.

My DSIS isn't stupid and with today's focus on 5 A-C grades would have had a much more for-filling time at school than she had back then and left with far more useful grades.

I have 2 sisters, 1 I haven't spoken to in years the other I adore.

We are all nuts.

Anniegetyourgun Mon 20-Jan-14 13:37:37

My DSis is certainly crazy. And she would say the same about me, I'm sure (and be right). However, that's not always a bad thing.

ApprenticeViper Mon 20-Jan-14 13:45:34

YABU; my brother thinks his sister is awesome grin (and yes, my DPs did only have two children!)

I know my DM's sister drives her barmy at times (mostly when it comes to dealing with stuff for their DM), and I'm sure that goes both ways, but on the whole they get on very well.

My DGM had two sisters and a brother. She was very close to one of her sisters but the other is/was an absolute cowbag - but I'm sure my great-aunt feels the same way about my DGM!

HemlockStarglimmer Mon 20-Jan-14 14:09:21

I love both my sisters dearly. We bickered a lot when we were children but for the last thirty years I have got on extremely well with both of them. I miss them a lot as we live 500 miles apart and we don't get together as often as I'd like.

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Mon 20-Jan-14 14:14:53

When we were kids it was awful.

Ok, I was awful. blush she was patient. I richly deserved a pasting.

but now we are the best of friends. I get on better with her than any friend I have ever had. We have so much fun together. And the added bonus of being able to be totally honest with each other when needed.

However, yes, she is batcrap crazy. As am I. We can live with that. grin

msrisotto Mon 20-Jan-14 14:15:05

My older sis drives me loopy. She is my best friend though. As long as we live far enough apart grin

Thank you all. I love my Dsis and I am pretty sure she loves me (I think). We just have completely different ideologies and ways of doing things. Amazes me that we grew up in same house with same parents.
Being the younger sis I suspect she has never forgiven me for coming along. She doesn't share (once went nuts about me having one of her chocs when I was babysitting my DNs). But I know there are things I do that bugs her too.
It's just that strange relationship isn't it. If we weren't sisters we would probably be great friends, cos we do have a laugh. Just wind each other up!

PipkinsPal Mon 20-Jan-14 14:32:03

I love my sister, younger by 2 years 10 days, very much. We have never fallen out as adults but were mean and spiteful to each other as kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now