Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

. . . to think 'Birds of a Feather' is as unfunny now as it was then?

(53 Posts)
SuzanneUK Sun 19-Jan-14 21:04:17

Why have the BBC re-commissioned 'Birds of a Feather'?

Are they so desperate for comedy that they're willing to scrape the bottom of the barrel hard enough to dredge up out-dated and thoroughly unfunny stuff like this?

sonlypuppyfat Sun 19-Jan-14 21:05:17

I with you silly childish humour.

FortyDoorsToNowhere Sun 19-Jan-14 21:08:47

isn't on itv now

WooWooOwl Sun 19-Jan-14 21:13:46

I can't even bring myself to watch it, and I didn't mind it the first time round.

There is something incredibly cringeworthy about the whole thing.

whitepuddingsupper Sun 19-Jan-14 21:15:29

I remember it being better, am finding the new series very disappointing. The only good character is Sharon, the other two are wooden and irritating.

TheWitTank Sun 19-Jan-14 21:18:22

It really is first class shite isn't it! I remember it always being dire though.

Morgause Sun 19-Jan-14 21:18:41

YANBU. Every bit as awful as it ever was.

pigsDOfly Sun 19-Jan-14 21:18:50

It's appalling. I watched the first one in amazement at its awfulness. Thought I'd give it a second chance when the second episode was on, but no, it was just as bad.

southeastastra Sun 19-Jan-14 21:19:31

if you've never liked it i don't suppose you would like it now, mil seems happy it's back

Cranky01 Sun 19-Jan-14 21:20:11

It's bad, really bad, tracy just plays herself, it's a shame as Sharon's not a bad actor, when she was in emmerdale and broadchurch she was good much better then world of quid

SecretNutellaFix Sun 19-Jan-14 21:20:49

Yep, it's just as dire.

newyearhere Sun 19-Jan-14 21:21:50

Oh no! It's bland and not funny at all. There are other programmes which deserve to come back, but not this one.

stardusty5 Sun 19-Jan-14 21:22:02

I think its ok- hardly hilarious but its entertaining enough for half an hour, and better imo than Benidorm that everyone seems to love.

Each to their own

DameEdnasBridesmaid Sun 19-Jan-14 21:23:11

BBC didn't re commission it. ITV did.

It's identical to the original, ok for a bit of nostalgia but that's about it.

Trace and Sharon sleeping on a sofa together? Believable. Er no.

navada Sun 19-Jan-14 21:24:44

Sharon is the only one who can actually act so I watch it for her.
& Benidorm is hilarious! I love it.

ChippingInWadesIn Sun 19-Jan-14 21:26:34

<swims against the tide>

It has made me laugh. I think it's nostalgia though, I'm pretty sure if it was a new series I wouldn't find it funny.

I am enjoying Pat & Cabbage though grin (recorded from last year, only just watching it)

SingingGerbil Sun 19-Jan-14 21:38:08

Really disappointed. Watched the first one and couldn't bring myself to watch the second. It has definitely had its day.

navada Sun 19-Jan-14 21:46:45

Obviously why the BBC didn't want it.
It is shite, but Dorian makes me laugh ( a bit )

SuzanneUK Sun 19-Jan-14 21:59:27

Ah, I sit corrected.

It used to be bloody awful on BBC 1 and now it's bloody awful on ITV.

Apologies to the BBC for suggesting it was they who dredged up this rotting corpse from the graveyard of crap comedy.

Obviously the Beeb haven't gone completely mad (yet).

wetaugust Sun 19-Jan-14 22:04:47

Not funny and quite mean-spirited.

PoshPaula Sun 19-Jan-14 22:05:15

YANBU. Rubbish then and still is now.

Chottie Sun 19-Jan-14 22:10:16

I am another one not watching.

Newmummee Sun 19-Jan-14 22:17:01

It's so bad, also why have they brought back the kumars?? That wasn't funny then and isn't funny now!! You can't really go back with comedies like these, and by that I mean shit ones!

WitchWay Sun 19-Jan-14 22:18:15

I liked Dorian - she was quite funny. Otherwise agree pretty crap

southeastastra Sun 19-Jan-14 22:19:16

oh god so what there are hundreds of programmes on the telly that i don't like and i wouldn't bother starting a thread about it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now