to think threatening trip advisor. ..

(52 Posts)
softlysoftly Tue 14-Jan-14 13:41:12

... makes you a wanker?

Either send the complaint directly to an establishment or say it on the visit and give them an opportunity to deal with it.

Or if you feel aggrieved and unheard or think others need to know about the issue then do a tripadvisor review.

Sending threats about "welll this happened what you going to do about it tripadvisor beckons I think...." (ps the additional dots ups the wanker factor)

Basically translates as you want something for nothing.

Oh and saying "I'm going to report you to tripadvisor" is possibly worse, it's a review site not the fucking police hmm

ajandjjmum Tue 14-Jan-14 20:35:30

I use TA - especially the forums - and often leave reviews. When looking at reviews, I tend to ignore those who only have one posting - being an old cynic, I always assume it's either the owner (if good) or the competition (if bad).

Crowler Tue 14-Jan-14 20:41:36

I'm a badged reviewer (polishes crown).

I frequently get very nice emails from the hotels I've reviewed.

But to the OP's point... is it not true that these wankers would equally depress TripAdvisor rankings across the board and so they are a non-issue? Sorry if this has been asked and answered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now