To not understand why tesco were selling alcohol to a group of guys at 4.30 on a sunday

(89 Posts)
LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Sun 12-Jan-14 20:48:36

So we were at tesco today and I had made DP go through with my bottle of wine at 3.55 so that we could get it before 4pm. Very nice it was too grin

Anyway, was at the till and a group of lads walked past and one guy had a bag of ice on his head, so i commented to the girl behind the till - perhaps he has a head ache. So she said "yeah, he'll have a bigger one in a minute when they wont serve him with all that booze" and we made a few jokey comments about it. Their trolley was FULL of alcohol - i can only assume they were going to have a party. They looked like students, probably early twenties.

As we walked out, about half four, there they were, at the self service tills with the Tesco supervisor lady putting through their alcohol hmm

Now i don't really care but weren't they breaking the law? I bet they wouldn't have let me have my £4 bottle of libfraumilch but it would seem they didn't want to let the couple of hundred pounds with of blackcurrent cider go unsold hmm

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Sun 12-Jan-14 21:41:45

But fred, why would i report it? if i did that, i really would be a curmudgeonly old git!

Stealth - the best time for tesco bargains is 7pm on a saturday, everything is stupidly cheap, you have to have strong elbows and the cheek of the devil, some of those old dears are demons when it comes to a bargain! I did however get a loaf of bread for 5p today though.

The rash was caused by him throwing up, blood vessels burst everywhere on his face and neck. Have had lots of sickness with my dc, but never had that.
Yes, very worrying, but almost losing the will after hours at hospital. Downing a bottle of Chardonnay surely seemed desirable. But as he's so ill I didn't dare drink.

cerealqueen Sun 12-Jan-14 21:42:35

Eh?? at stealth, -read the OP - she was peeved at the time the alcohol was being sold with lots of [faces]. !!!!!!!

cerealqueen Sun 12-Jan-14 21:43:31

hmm faces smile

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Sun 12-Jan-14 21:43:35

Yeah, hospital is shite when it comes to waiting. Glad he is back home in bed - lots of ice cream smile (for him as well!)

FredFredGeorge Sun 12-Jan-14 21:45:02

'cos you're bothered about it - so either you believe the local licensing restrictions should be honoured (and they're unusual ones, I've not seen them anywhere I've shopped on a sunday) or you're just generally curmudgeonly enough to not want tesco to sell them some booze on a sunday afternoon.

If you're really not bothered - you're in the wrong place!

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Sun 12-Jan-14 21:45:40

Cereal - i think you are right - it was the hmm faces that does it - but don't tyou think they look puzzled as well as peeved? honestly was not peeved in the slightest littlest bit. I was happy, i had my wine.

Right - we clearly need a hmm face that isn't a hmm face, more of a hmmgrin face. Sort of a "ooh how utterly perplexing" face.

confused

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Sun 12-Jan-14 21:47:56

But fred, im not bothered, look at my face hmm does it look bovvered? hmm bovvered? face? Bovvered?

I AINT BOVVERED!!!

Oh, maybe i am hmm, im not, honestly - its the hmm faces - am going to report my thread to MNHQ and ask them change my hmm faces to grin faces. as if they don't have enough to do

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Sun 12-Jan-14 21:48:35

No stealth, that face looks stoned, i don't like to use that face

PortofinoRevisited Sun 12-Jan-14 21:57:56

But you started the thread so you are obviously bothered about something - or you would drinking your wine and watching Sherlock or somesuch. And the beardy ones will be drinking their "illicit" cider and have fun.

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Sun 12-Jan-14 22:09:49

Do you only ever start threads if you are bothered?

confused --:

someone better than me must be able to do [stoned]

SPsMrLoverManSHABBA Sun 12-Jan-14 22:25:57

This is what you get for posting in AIBU gringrin

Btw I can buy alcohol at anytime in Tesco as long as its open. The cig counter how ever closes at 10pm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now