To be annoyed by the picture of the bra over there ->

(44 Posts)
ineedanexcuse Sat 11-Jan-14 11:44:39

Its advertising the blog of the day *The Mumsnet Shouting Bra
It is way too small and it just annoys me that this picture was chosen above countless others that might have been chosen that show a well fitted bra.

Also its a horrible colour and design . shock

Coumarin Sat 11-Jan-14 23:02:20

Bright RED marks.

I am done with the autocorrect on this thing today!

Coumarin Sat 11-Jan-14 23:01:21

I assumed it was a post about bad bra fittings! Just clicked on it and it's nothing of the sort. That's the worst fitting bra I've ever seen, imagine the digging in and the bright right marks when she takes it off. shock

Not only that, it's fugly.

ineedanexcuse Sat 11-Jan-14 22:07:31

Hooray! For once I have almost 100% YANBU( just waiting for GoldenGytha to be converted wink ) must be a record .Well it is for me anyway.

I still would like to know who chose the photo though and why that image was chosen over the countless others that surely were available. Not least the line drawing in the blog itself . Together with the pregnant water drinker and pensive baby the images on this site are threatening to push me over the edge.

<has found and grip and lost it again>

bonzo77 Sat 11-Jan-14 21:59:46

triumph doreen at its finest. I bet the back is up over her shoulder blades, there are deep purple welts in her shoulders and she looks like a lumpy sofa with a top over it.

GoldenGytha Sat 11-Jan-14 21:49:39

OK thanks, I'll look out the measuring tape tomorrow and see what comes up,

I'll try the back to front thing when I go to bed, and let you know,

Bargains sound good to me, and I can always save for some more expensive ones smile

Ps too tight might be cup not back. Try it back to front to see how the band feels in isolation

Although brav don't use a measuring tape the method in the blog generally gets pretty damn close to the bravissimo fitted size. If you can work out your measurements I'll track down some bargains-between we can find you something good for asda type prices

GoldenGytha Sat 11-Jan-14 21:28:09

Thanks Statistically

I've been measured by Debenhams and Bravissimo in the past and come up as a 38DD both times,

I am finding 38DD a little tight now though, and I have a very limited budget (Asda prices) so not sure what size to try.

Golden check out thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk and follow the measuring instructions on the fitting advice page

mrsjay Sat 11-Jan-14 21:05:43

Oh it is down there i see it now i have just scrolled down blush

mrsjay Sat 11-Jan-14 21:04:53

I dont/didnt have a bra over >> today at all

GoldenGytha Sat 11-Jan-14 21:03:04

Never looked at the S&B threads Caty

Thanks, will go and have a look now.

SorrelForbes Sat 11-Jan-14 20:37:28

I can't bear to look at it but somehow my eyes keep being drawn back to the awfulness.

LizzieVereker Sat 11-Jan-14 20:36:37

I'm glad it's not just me. It's a very irritating bra.

Catypillar Sat 11-Jan-14 20:34:04

I clicked on it thinking it was supposed to be that bad and that the article would be about bra interventions or something...

GoldenGytha- the main thing that's so wrong about it is that it doesn't fit at all, if your bras fit you like that go have a look at the bra intervention threads on S&B, you will be amazed at how much better a properly fitted bra looks and feels!

GoldenGytha Sat 11-Jan-14 20:07:18

are not is

GoldenGytha Sat 11-Jan-14 20:06:53

Doesn't bother me at all, and I think the colour and design is fine,

What's so wrong with it? confused

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sat 11-Jan-14 19:16:51

I don't like it, horrible 'mumsy' sort of bra and she looks droopy in it.

DejaVuAllOverAgain Sat 11-Jan-14 19:13:42

Another one here who doesn't like it.

Glad I'm not the only one - I find that picture actually kind of stomach churning and have to try to cover it with my hand so I don't see it. Not quite sure why it bothers me but i think for me it goes beyond the br not fitting. Hope it goes away soon as its really annoying!

TheArmadillo Sat 11-Jan-14 19:00:49

YANBU it is one of the worst fitted bras I have ever seen, to the point I thought the blog would be about proper bra fitting.

Seriously irritating.

YANBU, mainly as I was going to start this thread too grin

newyearhere Sat 11-Jan-14 17:44:47

YANBU

BriarRainbowshimmer Sat 11-Jan-14 17:30:49

Whenever I click on "blog of the day" the post doesn't show up, just a lot of other ones. Stupid.

BriarRainbowshimmer Sat 11-Jan-14 17:29:36

YANBU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now