Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be annoyed by the picture of the bra over there ->

(44 Posts)
ineedanexcuse Sat 11-Jan-14 11:44:39

Its advertising the blog of the day *The Mumsnet Shouting Bra
It is way too small and it just annoys me that this picture was chosen above countless others that might have been chosen that show a well fitted bra.

Also its a horrible colour and design . shock

Oakmaiden Sat 11-Jan-14 11:45:35

I hoped that they had designed and were marketing the perfect bra. Alas, no...

WorraLiberty Sat 11-Jan-14 11:58:12

It does look a bit cramped.

The ad under discussions of the day 'A new canal side village'...I've read it twice now as 'A new cannabis side village' grin

WitchOfEndor Sat 11-Jan-14 12:03:02

Yes, the first time I saw it I thought "that doesn't fit very well, she probably got fitted at M&S needs to go to Style and Beauty for a bra intervention".

Maybe they thought all the pictures of a well fitted bra were too alluring?

LilacBreastedRoller Sat 11-Jan-14 12:04:13

YANBU, it is making me feel uncomfortable just looking at it.

Yup, it winds me up every time I see it!

ineedanexcuse Sat 11-Jan-14 12:08:29

Maybe they thought all the pictures of a well fitted bra were too alluring?

Yes Witch I thought that too. But then again a picture of just a bra would work just as well as an illustration of the blog title.

I hate catching sight of it .It makes me feel squished and annoyed at the same time. <wanders off in search of a grip>

greenhill Sat 11-Jan-14 12:20:11

YY. It looks as if she's been squashed into an ill fitting Doreen bra.

sashh Sat 11-Jan-14 12:31:59

Not just me then

She must have bloody horrendous backache.

YANBU.

How the interventionist have managed to stop themselves ranting on here I do not know.

Topaz25 Sat 11-Jan-14 12:37:50

I hadn't really noticed before but now you mention it, ow! She looks so squashed. I'd be shouty too!

It definitely offends this interventionist, and I would put money on Sorrel having yelled at the screen at least once smile

It's a terrible picture.

BrandNewIggi Sat 11-Jan-14 14:53:49

Am glad it is not just me! It actually inspired me to tighten my (intervened) bra a notch, to ensure I no longer looked like that.

GingerBlondecat Sat 11-Jan-14 14:56:43

not just me then

ReluctantBeing Sat 11-Jan-14 14:58:23

It is awful.

CaffeinatedKitten Sat 11-Jan-14 15:00:02

Gawd I used to have to sell those sodding Triumph Doreens when I worked retail. Hideously vile things. Burn them all!

Chunderella Sat 11-Jan-14 16:32:34

I thought that too!

Pixel Sat 11-Jan-14 17:24:49

I've never bothered looking at the 'blog of the day' but I clicked on that one to be nosey as I wasn't at all sure what a shouting bra was supposed to be anyway. I'm still none the wiser except for being reassured my decision to not look at the blogs was the right one.

And yes, I agree, the bra couldn't be more hideous if it tried, and that's speaking as someone who is large of nork and hates underwires so does tend towards the more 'robust' type of bra. Even I wouldn't wear that.

BriarRainbowshimmer Sat 11-Jan-14 17:29:36

YANBU

BriarRainbowshimmer Sat 11-Jan-14 17:30:49

Whenever I click on "blog of the day" the post doesn't show up, just a lot of other ones. Stupid.

newyearhere Sat 11-Jan-14 17:44:47

YANBU

YANBU, mainly as I was going to start this thread too grin

TheArmadillo Sat 11-Jan-14 19:00:49

YANBU it is one of the worst fitted bras I have ever seen, to the point I thought the blog would be about proper bra fitting.

Seriously irritating.

Glad I'm not the only one - I find that picture actually kind of stomach churning and have to try to cover it with my hand so I don't see it. Not quite sure why it bothers me but i think for me it goes beyond the br not fitting. Hope it goes away soon as its really annoying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now