More of a WWYD...

(63 Posts)

Browsing a dating website, I've just come across a friends partner. They've been together 6 months, site says he has been online within the last 30 days. Describes himself as looking for fun but nothing serious.

Do I tell her? I'm angry on her behalf!

foslady Mon 13-Jan-14 22:28:43

But you'd feel far worse knowing he was making a fool of her......

DoJo Mon 13-Jan-14 23:16:42

And if he was having sex with someone else, he could have been exposing your friend to all kinds of STDs - you would have felt awful if her health had been affected by not knowing about this.

Bogeyface Mon 13-Jan-14 23:29:32

I just feel bad that I've caused an argument between them

Did you put his profile on there? Did you make him go out tomcatting?

So you didnt cause an argument, he did. Just keeping everything crossed that she doesnt believe the lies he will inevitably tell her sad

VelvetDuvet Mon 13-Jan-14 23:50:26

What a pair of arseholes. sad No doubt he'll be coming out with all kinds of bullshit excuses. Terrible position to be in for you OP.

JainaProudmoore Mon 13-Jan-14 23:57:05

Those poor women sad
Well done OP, you did the right thing!

Well, first friend hasn't texted me again, however she's updated her fb profile picture from one of him and her, to one of me and her taken at a concert last month! I'll ring her tomorrow and check if she's ok, or if she needs anywhere to crash for a few days.

Second friend not responded to the email yet, but I don't think she finished work til 10 so probably not had chance to read it yet.

I'm proper off men at the minute, having being unceremoniously dumped on New Year's Eve, and this really hasn't done anything to convince me that I ever want to meet anyone else sad

HairyGrotter Tue 14-Jan-14 05:26:46

You definitely did the right thing. I'd want to know and if they shoot the messenger, then so be it. At least you acted with wholly good intentions.

Don't go off men, OD is pretty horrible, but it can pay off. I met my fiancé online dating and we're getting married in September, he's amazing, but there ain't half a lot of fucking pricks on there to sift through confused

CheerfulYank Tue 14-Jan-14 05:29:47

Good for you!

TheSlug Tue 14-Jan-14 05:45:09

Well done OP, you did the right thing.

pantsjustpants Tue 14-Jan-14 19:24:41

RacheyMo2 Wed 15-Jan-14 10:24:54

You definitely did the right thing OP. As much as I would hate to be told this from a friend, if want to know!!
Hope all went well!! Xx

plainjanine Wed 15-Jan-14 12:29:18

Yep, you did the right thing OP. Shitty as it is to be the one breaking the news, you have dome them a favour and shown some backbone. That's what being a true friend is all about, eh?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now