To gloat at hubby breaking dry January already whilst I remain virtuous and thus deserve a medal

(35 Posts)
Primadonnagirl Sun 05-Jan-14 19:26:19

..he he he !! Normally I drink more than him blush so would normally expect me to cave first but no...we went out for lunch today and he had a couple of pints! This is light hearted .we like a bit of competition and the stick I would have got if it was the other way round!!! Anyhoo..I'm off to collect my medal now

Bowlersarm Mon 06-Jan-14 08:50:37

Going strong here too. Last drink finished 10pm 31st December. Dh isn't doing it so quite tempting to give in, but won't be caving in yet.

Pigsmummy Mon 06-Jan-14 11:24:15

A load of people in my social circle made a huge deal about giving up for January, creating websites for charity donations etc only to fail very publicly and have people posting photos of them drunk on Facebook on January 4th!

I wouldn't get involved as my birthday is January and loads of my friends have birthdays this month, also if I give up for a while I wouldn't shout about it to prevent the drink pushers giving me a hard time. (smug?)

Happy Birthday Wilson!! Capricorns rock xx

brainwashed Mon 06-Jan-14 11:59:44

The patronising radio adverts for dryathlon may have put me off doing it....if I had been seriously considering it that is!

ApprenticeViper Mon 06-Jan-14 12:07:10

My last drink was at about 1am on New Year's Day, so I'm intending to not have another drink until 2 February to make it a whole month. I usually manage two days a week without any alcohol, even if on the other days it's only one glass of wine or one large vodka.

DP thinks I've been abducted by aliens, or cloned grin

I wish the Smirnoff in the kitchen would stop shouting for me at 7pm each evening

IceBeing Mon 06-Jan-14 12:38:25

I forgot to drink over xmas and new year....does that mean I can catch up in January?

5Foot5 Mon 06-Jan-14 12:52:30

January is an awful time to try it.

I am tempted to follow the Australian idea of a dry February instead. Why February? It is only 28 days grin

WilsonFrickett Mon 06-Jan-14 13:23:25

Pigs I know lots of Caps too so there's no way I could go dry in Jan. Shame, eh? grin

I'm going dry and I'm a January birthday. I'm quite curmudgeonly about my birthday because I always get shit presents (or nothing, which is what my parents gave me for my fortieth) and no one wants to go out. So I might sulk and drink herbal tea and suck a lemon.

KareKare Mon 06-Jan-14 20:44:44

I am finding it surprisingly easy, if a bit dull.

I just love sharing a bottle with dh & having a great chat or knowing there's an icy cold glass of Sauvignon waiting for me downstairs for after my bath. I realise I am pining, not for wine but for what goes with it in my mind.

I think I could keep doing no booze after January, but I really don't want to.

It will be lent before we know it, I always give up booze for that too - 6 flipping weeks!

Should I name-change for January? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now