To say it's too early for Easter things in supermarkets.

(52 Posts)
FortyDoorsToNowhere Sun 05-Jan-14 14:43:23

Went to get packed lunch item for the DC lunch and what did I see Easter eggs and Easter chocolates.

Is it me or is this way to early

ForalltheSaints Mon 06-Jan-14 20:09:05

Today is the day to commemorate the visit of the wise men. Jesus hasn't even had his first teenage row with Mary and Joseph yet.

Far too early for Easter things.

snowed Mon 06-Jan-14 19:36:12

grin I couldn't turn down a mini egg, that's true! They should be available all year though!

meganorks Mon 06-Jan-14 19:13:36

My local sainsbury's was very confused. Had both hot cross buns and mince pies in the bakery bit. I went mince pies as my time on those is numbered

BankWadger Mon 06-Jan-14 19:04:56

Careful, you'll have a queue forming.

HoneyDragon Sun 05-Jan-14 20:56:53

<<puts straw down cleavages and sucks>>

Mmmmmmm chocolatey fondanty boob goo....

BankWadger Sun 05-Jan-14 20:43:26

Oh HoneyDragon, you've got melted creme egg all down your front there.

MadeOfStarDust Sun 05-Jan-14 20:31:43

We put the mini eggs out on CHRISTMAS EVE - in a craft shop!! Christmas Eve - and sold 3 boxes of them (25 to a box) so people obviously like them...

londonrach Sun 05-Jan-14 20:28:33

Snowed...would you turn down a mini egg if it was offered to you. That crisp casing covering chocolate. Do you bite it in half or suck it letting the chocolate goodness melt in your mouth.... I want some mini eggs....(heading to the door)

snowed Sun 05-Jan-14 20:23:23

YANBU. We haven't even finished the 12 days of Christmas yet! Who would buy Easter eggs in January? confused

londonrach Sun 05-Jan-14 20:20:41

Saw mini eggs in tesco metro on boxing day. Just picked up some bits in waitrose and mini eggs were for sale by the till. Yesterday husband banned me from buying mini eggs as i had loads xmas choc left...might get some soon as its two bags for 2 pounds....

specialsubject Sun 05-Jan-14 20:17:56

just the usual daft marketing. The trick is to shift your celebrating to a day or two later.

had lots of lovely Halloween cakes cheap after it. Now enjoying Christmas goodies. Will be enjoying cheap easter stuff after easter!

(love the co-op, no wonder they are in trouble with all this stuff left over!)

fatlazymummy Sun 05-Jan-14 20:05:24

My kids love hot cross buns all year round as well. They also like mince pies, so I just regard them as normal treats, rather than specific christmas treats. After all, there isn't a law saying they can only be eaten over christmas. I just ignore all the other seasonal treats.
No one in our house is obese either.

FunLovinBunster Sun 05-Jan-14 19:09:12

Creme Egg ad on ITV just now.
We haven't eaten our Xmas pud and chocs yet...

lyrasdaemo Sun 05-Jan-14 18:56:19

Our local Nisa supermarket had Creme and mini eggs in TWO weeks before Christmas....

ddubsgirl Sun 05-Jan-14 18:48:02

we had eggs come in on boxing day, xmas eve pretty much all the Christmas stuff was gone

FortyDoorsToNowhere Sun 05-Jan-14 18:23:00

I love Easter don't get me wrong, it's better than Christmas.

GeeinItLaldy Sun 05-Jan-14 18:17:39

I'be just had a hot cross bun so I'd have to say YABU.

only just managed to resist the mini eggs too

AnnBryce Sun 05-Jan-14 18:14:04

You think supermarkets care what you think? They don't, if they know it sells, it's on sale. What do you expect? Sentiment?!

RedToothBrush Sun 05-Jan-14 18:13:19

YABU

2nd January is ALWAYS the first day of the cream egg ads!

needaholidaynow Sun 05-Jan-14 18:08:46

YABTU! Can't wait to stuff my face with creme eggs! grin

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 05-Jan-14 17:57:24

Creme Eggs in Morrissons on Boxing Day . Bleurgh.

HoneyDragon Sun 05-Jan-14 17:56:33

<<Salutes marketing bastards and cuddles Creme egg 6 pack>>

BankWadger Sun 05-Jan-14 17:33:56

YANBU.

Cadburys chocolate is shit meaning creme eggs are shit.

Marketing fuckers feeding the obesity trend is all it is.

januarysunsetfire Sun 05-Jan-14 17:27:00

LOVE hot cross buns and Easter eggs - Easter is my favourite time of the year, food-wise grin

Roast lamb with roast potatoes and honey-glazed carrots, roast parsnip and sweetcorn
Hot cross buns
Easter eggs - in all their forms.

So much easier and cheaper than Christmas to celebrate, the weather is better, daffodils, baby rabbits and chicks - gorgeous time of the year filled with blue skies and promise of summer, but BETTER than summer.

I love Easter!

BradleyCoopersCurlyPerm Sun 05-Jan-14 17:25:09

Oh god! I get a really bad craving for and addiction to those.mini egg cake bars. It gets harder to resist every year when they bring them out earlier!!

Aside from that I never think it's that bad to have things on sale really. Helps people budget and buy a little at a time if they choose to, and doesn't really have any impact on those who choose to buy shortly before the event anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now