AIBU to think this girl needs a slap

(201 Posts)
RalphLaurenLover Sat 04-Jan-14 22:30:33

This girl who use to hang around with us was always around trouble stealing, running away, violence, drinking, smoking, drugs you name it she did it.

I kind of moved on and she moved to a different area we had each other on Facebook but don't speak. She got pregnant and proclaimed it was going to be the making of her hmm well it wasn't unfortunately she was constantly telling the Facebook world how SS were on to her and were going to "kidnap" her baby. She had and was given a chance and after a few photo's of her changing the child with her feet holding the bottle in it's mouth with the caption "you bitches can't multi-task like me" status of how she had to go through DNA because she'd slept around and drug test because she was taking her child to be around people whom do drugs she got miffed at the world because SS took the child away.

She still see it but lashed out at everyone with a child on Facebook stating she resents them because SS are C**t's and stole her baby hmm they don't know what they're doing even one remark about how all the SS are is a paedophile gang leader taking and giving children to paedophiles?!?!

She's now telling the world of facebook how at her next contact she's just going to take the child and run because nobody will stop her and despite having no job, money or home she can provide better than these "paedophiles hmm because it's going to be adopted yet she constantly refuses any help

AIBU to think that maybe if she didn't constantly accuse the SS and fill her Facebook full of shit like this she may have more of a chance I try to hide her post but some just creep on in

WorraLiberty Sat 04-Jan-14 22:48:43

Right so she's not entertainment, you don't talk to her, she makes you cross.

Remind me again why she's on your friend list?

Delete her off Facebook and leave her alone. People like you who cream themselves over other peoples lives are gross.

actually ralph that's maybe the most sensible thing you've said so far - 'not everyone who has a bad childhood does those things'. a bad childhood can't be blamed for everything.

that came out wrong. i just mean it's possible to do great things in spite of a bad childhood and many people do.

RalphLaurenLover Sat 04-Jan-14 22:51:55

Vamp I haven't had a particularly good childhood i didn't steal or take drugs. I also never ran away.

why not delete her? she'd be so much better off OFF facebook too.

LedareAnsley Sat 04-Jan-14 22:54:07

But sometimes running away is the only option. It can't be classified as a bad thing along with taking drugs and stealing - both of which can also be indicators of abuse.

JumpingJackSprat Sat 04-Jan-14 22:55:01

Why are you defending yourself? Its voyeurism pure and simple. Unless you can explain why you have her on your friends list? She clearly isn't a friend or you wouldn't have thought about the thread let alone done it.

MrsBungle Sat 04-Jan-14 22:57:21

Unfriend her. It's very simple.

agree that drugs and stealing don't necessarily make someone a bad person but i would hope that if i had these issues, i would recognise that i wasn't the best person for my child and would sort myself out. facebook doesn't help either.

LiberalLibertine Sat 04-Jan-14 22:58:00

Hang on, you really have no idea of her childhood do you? She may be carrying burdens you can't even imagine, do please don't try the 'I turned out alright' you are not her.

Buzzardbird Sat 04-Jan-14 22:58:04

IME people don't 'run away' from nothing. You need to learn more about humanity IMO

KellyHopter Sat 04-Jan-14 22:58:34

Yes, she sounds like someone most normal people would want nothing to do with.

Nothing much you can do, she's a mess and her child has been removed. Shit people exist.

Maybe all you need to do is ask yourself why you'd have someone like this in your life? I'm sure there are people who love her and will overlook her twattishness, but that's not you, she's just an old acquaintance so why still have her hanging around? You know most people manage to go through life avoiding people like this? What do you get out of having any sort of involvement with her? I imagine the answer to that isn't one you'd want to acknowledge.

notoneforselfies Sat 04-Jan-14 22:58:59

What are you asking for here? Our advice on how you can help her? Because if so then you should have worded the post better, as at the moment it sounds like you're just slagging her off and asking us to join in with you in berating this girl. Which no-one will really have an interest in doing given we don't know her and the full story. It all sounds quite tragic. If you are her friend then don't talk about slapping her and don't start slating her behaviour on a forum. If you are not her friend then remove her from your Facebook contacts and refrain from passing further judgement. Too many people keep those they don't like as part of their Facebook contacts to give themselves something to sneer over and feel superior to. Don't be one of them.

RalphLaurenLover Sat 04-Jan-14 23:00:26

Jumping She's on my FB because we use to talk when we lived in the same area, I moved had my DC grew up a bit, she moved away had her DC spoke to her once in the mean time to offer help, she'd rather get pissed. Hid her post after the whole "all of SS are paedophiles are gang leaders" and a couple more slipped through like today how she was going to run away with her child. It made me think she really needs a bit of sense.

that is why she was on my Facebook okay with you?

LittleDoris Sat 04-Jan-14 23:01:15

My old school friend had her two kids removed. I tried to support her, but it soon became apparent that SS had made the correct decision.

Her fb feed did really get to me. And despite me loving her as a friend, I had to step back, for my own health and my own kids. I deleted her off my fb because I don't want to nosey at the misery that is her life.

And I know exactly why she is the way she is. Yes, people can do great things despite a bad childhood, but sometimes its just too much to overcome.

Delete her OP. Leave her to it and get on with your life.

Or just slap her. Yeah. That will learn her. hmm

RandyRudolf Sat 04-Jan-14 23:01:47

I feel quite sorry for your 'friend', it sounds like she lives quite a troubled life. I hope one day she gets some peace of mind and her life settles down.

Joules68 Sat 04-Jan-14 23:05:28

Oh well, maybe done random bloke will pick her up and give her a few slaps..... You'll be happy then op??

Joules68 Sat 04-Jan-14 23:05:48

*some

RalphLaurenLover Sat 04-Jan-14 23:05:56

by slap I meant slap some sense however just gathered you'd get the jist... apparently not

She's gone from my FB from a mother to a mother I feel for her, I've offered to help she'd rather get drunk. SS obviously have a reason but still it's her DC. She however isn't helping herself and by the time she realises it'll be to late

CoffeeTea103 Sat 04-Jan-14 23:06:02

You sound very immature. Instead of trying to help her, you choose to speak so badly off her, even choosing to do nothing is better than posting this.

RalphLaurenLover Sat 04-Jan-14 23:08:03

Coffee If you read it, I've said I tried to help her, she'd rather get drunk.

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Sat 04-Jan-14 23:09:19

What coffeetea said - neither of you sound mature enough to have children. I say this as someone who had my DD1 at 19.

LittleDoris Sat 04-Jan-14 23:10:03

SS obviously have a reason but still it's her DC.

You say that like you don't think they have done the right thing.

You need to stop seeing her relationship and feelings towards her DC as the same as your feelings towards your DC. They just aren't the same.

For whatever reason, she isn't a good mother and SS have made the best decision.

notoneforselfies Sat 04-Jan-14 23:11:03

No-one is asking why you were once friends on Facebook with her OP so the back story justification isn't necessary, it's why you are now. I'd suggest you're not the right person to help her or 'make her see sense', as a slap is not actually helpful in this scenario. So, leave it to someone closer to her/more supportive/better qualified, delete her from your friend list (why bother blocking her statuses first unless you want to keep her there to rubberneck at?) and move on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now