to want to eat my baby?

(62 Posts)
ReticulatingSplines Sat 04-Jan-14 15:27:48

She's just so squidgy and she smells so lovely. grin

Is there some kind of therapy for this or will I just grow out of it?

MammaTJ Sun 05-Jan-14 04:08:38

I still lick my 18 year old DD!

SecretWitch Sun 05-Jan-14 03:18:41

YANBU! You simply must take a few tiny nibbles from their sweet corn toes...

My children are much older now and I still want to eat them up with a spoon sometimes..

echt Sun 05-Jan-14 03:13:02

While never wanting to chow down on a baby, I DO find their squidgy limbs and feet irresistible. They remind me of shampoo sachets. This probably dates me, as I haven't seen such things in yonks.

Sammi1986 Sun 05-Jan-14 00:30:15

My 2year old niece tells me I'm food before promptly chomping on me, does that count?!
25w with my first so I'm sure it will come!

pointythings Sat 04-Jan-14 22:03:58

They do smell different when they are coming down with something. Even when they are older. They also smell very different when they are more than usually well and rested - my DDs smelled amazing when we came back after two weeks in Florida, all suntanned and relaxed and fit after loads of activities and virtually no screen time.

RubyrooUK Sat 04-Jan-14 21:58:28

I too want to eat my delicious DSes. They are three and nine months. DS1 is just so wonderful, hilarious, sweet and loving (and edible) while DS2 is so stunningly beautiful that I can't believe he is mine (and so edible).

<wanders off looking for some delicious child chomping>

BusWanker Sat 04-Jan-14 21:52:58

I always smell my baby. Even his breath smells cute.
My mum understands as I can ask her to come over and smell him and she says yes, and she does it!

ScaredToBeHonest Sat 04-Jan-14 21:48:29

I love to eat 4 month old DS's cheeks and ears whilst making omanomnomnomnom noises! His ears stick out just like his Dad's so are great for nibbling on and his cheeks are just so chubby and gorgeous.

He also gums at my cheeks grin

I'm now having to resist the urge to go upstairs and pick up sleeping DS so I can chew on his cheeks

NigellasGuest Sat 04-Jan-14 21:46:14

very worrying.
totally weird.
this is how cannibals get started.
oh yes.

lotsofcheese Sat 04-Jan-14 21:44:21

My gorgeous 8-month DD has chubby calves, wrists & a lovely tummy, the best cheeks ever.

I just want to sink my teeth in grin

WicketWoo Sat 04-Jan-14 21:37:17

BarbaraW - that is so reassuring, I (and DH) thought I was a little bit weird!

IdaClair Sat 04-Jan-14 21:32:29

I have also licked babies but only second time round, I had no urge to lick my eldest. Weird.

Lariflete Sat 04-Jan-14 21:27:56

DD was a tiny little thing with no real fat on her but DS is such a squidgy baby and I could lick and nibble him all day. But DD even though she's still a skinny minnie, loves it when I nibble on her neck and giggles her head off and shouts 'Eat Daddy first Mummy! Don't get me and DS!!!'

No, yanbu. I nuzzle rather than lick my 11mo and I'm now confined to closet sniffing my 7 and 9yo when they are sleeping but I just can't help myself. I reckon teenage BO will probably cure me

DipDabDabDip Sat 04-Jan-14 21:14:55

I have a baby buffet on my 9 month old dd's belly. I'm ever so slightly disappointed that she has no gorgeous fat rolls yet. Please tell me there's still time for some to appear!

froubylou Sat 04-Jan-14 21:10:07

I have rubbed 22 day old baby sons hair away from sniffing and kissing rubbing my cheeks across the top of his head so much.

DP cuddled him the other day with aftershave on and I had to bath the baby so he smelt like us again.

DP says we both smell the same. He says we smell of milk and bed. Even if we have been in the bath.

And when I came home from hospital the dog didn't know what to make of me and is still very submissive and timid.

Mumraathenoisylion Sat 04-Jan-14 21:07:44

I'm a sniffer. I sniff mine like a dog sniffs the floor, they like it and do it back to me.

We look a bit odd in public sometimes.

WicketWoo it's not just you! There was a thread about this fairly recently and lots of us agreed. I remember saying in front of my parents and inlaws that DD didn't smell too ill. MIL and DM nodded sagely, the menfolk were all confused so I think it's a maternal thing.

Chunderella Sat 04-Jan-14 20:59:40

Yanbu. The other other white meat.

WicketWoo Sat 04-Jan-14 20:49:25

Oooh to all those other sniffers out there. Can you smell when your children are poorly, or rather when they're going to be?

I've only ever shared this with my DH but I generally know when mine are going to be ill as they smell wrong somehow.

Mrsantithetic Sat 04-Jan-14 19:09:41

It's bare bums for me. Seeing dd waddle across the room all bare bottomed with her little dimples. I just get the urge to have a nibble.

Although she farts like her father so it would be a bit like Russian roulette

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Sat 04-Jan-14 19:09:33

I often think about wrapping DS in pastry and eating him all up. Not sure if I'd have custard or gravy with him. And I constantly sniff him. DH thinks I'm weird.

KingRollo Sat 04-Jan-14 19:06:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bankholidaybaby Sat 04-Jan-14 19:03:45

I was just reading about this the other day: http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1466413

ReticulatingSplines Sat 04-Jan-14 18:51:21

I am a human, honest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now