to want to eat my baby?

(62 Posts)
ReticulatingSplines Sat 04-Jan-14 15:27:48

She's just so squidgy and she smells so lovely. grin

Is there some kind of therapy for this or will I just grow out of it?

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Sat 04-Jan-14 16:56:21

Im 40 and my mum strokes my feet! If she ever comes across them out of socks or shoes, she squishes them.

I dont think any of us are ever going to stop! grin

Rufustherednosedreindeer Sat 04-Jan-14 17:01:31

No I still nibble my 10 year old

He could do with losing a few pounds and I'm hoping he will stretch out a bit this year but he is so soft!!!!!!!

catgirl1976 Sat 04-Jan-14 17:37:45

YANBU

I still nibble 2 year old DS. In fact he now tells me "No Mummy. I not delicious. Stop eating me" sad

I shan't.

Congratulations on your squidgy, gorgeous, edible bundle. thanks

pointythings Sat 04-Jan-14 17:50:18

I used to be able to fit DD1's feet into my mouth when she was a newborn (one at a time, obv). Now she's a size 7. I still want to eat her though. And DD2 as well, though her feet never fit at all.

ilovesmurfs Sat 04-Jan-14 17:54:08

Yanbu istill want to eat my three year old, infact even the 9, 5 and 11 year olds I could nibble, not ds1 who is 14...

And its not jut my own children, if I get the chanceof a cuddle from random babies/toddlers I still ge the urge to nibble squidgy cheek etc blush

Armi Sat 04-Jan-14 17:54:50

Another baby-licker here. I literally could not stop myself from licking DD's head when she was tiny.

Tailtwister Sat 04-Jan-14 17:57:33

YANBU. I still haven't been able to stop wanting to eat my 2 and they are 3 and 5! They do emit cries of 'mummy, don't eat me!' which I do wonder about someone hearing and taking the wrong idea. When they were babies I was more into sniffing them than eating.

JingleJoo Sat 04-Jan-14 17:58:43

My DCs are growing up toooo fast ( although 4yo DS is still scrumptious), so now I have to try hard to stop myself trying to eat other people' s babies. And smelling their heads!

crescentmoon Sat 04-Jan-14 18:00:00

i feel positively carnivorous over my newest baby cousin. when i see her i just want to...bite her cheeks!

JingleJoo Sat 04-Jan-14 18:00:08

Squidgy baby thighs, chubby wrist rolls, and finger dimples..nom, nom, nom....

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Sat 04-Jan-14 18:01:28

Oh god, somebody lend me a baby. This thread is KILLING ME!

Are you a rabbit?

ReticulatingSplines Sat 04-Jan-14 18:51:21

I am a human, honest!

Bankholidaybaby Sat 04-Jan-14 19:03:45

I was just reading about this the other day: http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1466413

KingRollo Sat 04-Jan-14 19:06:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Sat 04-Jan-14 19:09:33

I often think about wrapping DS in pastry and eating him all up. Not sure if I'd have custard or gravy with him. And I constantly sniff him. DH thinks I'm weird.

Mrsantithetic Sat 04-Jan-14 19:09:41

It's bare bums for me. Seeing dd waddle across the room all bare bottomed with her little dimples. I just get the urge to have a nibble.

Although she farts like her father so it would be a bit like Russian roulette

WicketWoo Sat 04-Jan-14 20:49:25

Oooh to all those other sniffers out there. Can you smell when your children are poorly, or rather when they're going to be?

I've only ever shared this with my DH but I generally know when mine are going to be ill as they smell wrong somehow.

Chunderella Sat 04-Jan-14 20:59:40

Yanbu. The other other white meat.

WicketWoo it's not just you! There was a thread about this fairly recently and lots of us agreed. I remember saying in front of my parents and inlaws that DD didn't smell too ill. MIL and DM nodded sagely, the menfolk were all confused so I think it's a maternal thing.

Mumraathenoisylion Sat 04-Jan-14 21:07:44

I'm a sniffer. I sniff mine like a dog sniffs the floor, they like it and do it back to me.

We look a bit odd in public sometimes.

froubylou Sat 04-Jan-14 21:10:07

I have rubbed 22 day old baby sons hair away from sniffing and kissing rubbing my cheeks across the top of his head so much.

DP cuddled him the other day with aftershave on and I had to bath the baby so he smelt like us again.

DP says we both smell the same. He says we smell of milk and bed. Even if we have been in the bath.

And when I came home from hospital the dog didn't know what to make of me and is still very submissive and timid.

DipDabDabDip Sat 04-Jan-14 21:14:55

I have a baby buffet on my 9 month old dd's belly. I'm ever so slightly disappointed that she has no gorgeous fat rolls yet. Please tell me there's still time for some to appear!

No, yanbu. I nuzzle rather than lick my 11mo and I'm now confined to closet sniffing my 7 and 9yo when they are sleeping but I just can't help myself. I reckon teenage BO will probably cure me

Lariflete Sat 04-Jan-14 21:27:56

DD was a tiny little thing with no real fat on her but DS is such a squidgy baby and I could lick and nibble him all day. But DD even though she's still a skinny minnie, loves it when I nibble on her neck and giggles her head off and shouts 'Eat Daddy first Mummy! Don't get me and DS!!!'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now