AIBU...or is she....?

(41 Posts)
SugarHut Fri 03-Jan-14 16:40:09

Having a clear out of a LOT of very expensive shoes, and have listed them on a facebook selling site initially as I loathe how long it takes me to list an eBay item.

Had a couple of pairs of boots, in very good condition. One pair, new cost £470, was asking £150. Second pair (a lot more desirable even though cheaper), new £260, asking £120.

A sort of friend (DCs attend same swimming lessons) privately messaged me on facebook asking how much for the two pairs together. I gave her a £70 discount which I think is vair generous and let her have the two combined for £200. She takes them.

Despite having posted numerous photos, she then messages me two days later to say she thinks they look worn (second hand shoes...no!!) and she wants more money off. I say it's fine, I can get at least £160 a pair on eBay, I've already knocked £70 off for buying them together, and as it's her, so just bring them both back for a full refund if she's not happy. She agrees to this.

I then get a message the next day saying, "actually I've been a little hasty, can I keep pair 1, and return pair 2" I say "no worries" So she's keeping the pair listed at £150, returning the pair listed at £120.

I then send this as well: Just to clarify...you're keeping the black ones, and returning the brown ones? As you took both, and as it's you, I knocked off £70 for you taking them both. I'm happy to let you keep the ones you want at a reduced price, but can't give the effective £70 off if you're not having both together. So...keeping the black ones (originally priced at £150) and returning the brown ones (originally priced at £120) would mean you would get £80 back. Make sense? So I get my brown ones back at the price they should be, you've lost nothing, and I've lost nothing, and you get the £150 pair for £120. So £30 off the one pair. Otherwise I'd be giving you £50 off just the one pair, which is just too much Hope that makes sense? x x

She mails back telling me I have a cheek, and she paid £100 a pair, so she expects to keep the £150 pair for £100 and return the other and get £100 back.

I say no sorry, I'm now giving you £30 extra off one pair for no real reason as a gesture of goodwill, but I'm not giving them away on their own at £100, I had only done that as I was being nice, and she was taking both pairs. Please can she return both and I'll refund in full.

Anyway, she's just come round with both, I've given her the £200 back, and she thinks I'm being really wrong about this.

AIBU? Or is she?

Ledkr Sat 04-Jan-14 17:47:46

What boots were they? Come on tell us.
Do they have a red sole?

SomewhereBeyondTheSea Sat 04-Jan-14 17:38:13

Well done! I was going to say send her a link to the EBay listing and say 'here you go, knock yourself out'.

mrsjay Sat 04-Jan-14 16:00:01

oh well done see she was chancing her arm, suppose no cheek no chance eh grin

mrsjay Sat 04-Jan-14 15:59:25

she is chancing her arm you set the price you offered a discount blah blah you just say that is the price, i want to see what 400 quid boots look like

Ha! Delighted!!!

AlpacaPicnic Sat 04-Jan-14 15:40:25

Ooh, well done!!!

You won! No returnsies now, buyer beware etc ;-)

SugarHut Sat 04-Jan-14 14:42:57

Update: I told her that someone else was taking them at full price. So they would be sold this afternoon. She hurried round this morning and gave me the full asking price.

Hurrah!!

And won't be letting her have anything else. Daft bint grin

Chippednailvarnish Fri 03-Jan-14 18:12:56

I want to shove the shoes up her arse and I don't even know her!

hoobypickypicky Fri 03-Jan-14 18:10:21

Absolutely tell her you've other interest so it's the full asking price or nothing. Forget about "I can't be cocky" and "I have to see her in RL". She has to see you in RL and she should be red-faced at her own sheer audacity.

Respond and say that you have other interest so if she doesn't want them at the asking price that's fine but she needs to let you know now.

And don't forget the passive agressive smiley smile

vestandknickers Fri 03-Jan-14 18:01:28

She's a nutter!

SugarHut Fri 03-Jan-14 17:59:02

I can't be cocky..I have to see her around in RL. I am debating whether to just message back "I've been offered full asking price, it's your first refusal if you'd like to match that? Otherwise, I'm afraid consider them sold"

ReluctantBeing Fri 03-Jan-14 17:57:35

She sounds like a bloody nightmare.

AwfulMaureen Fri 03-Jan-14 17:54:22

Just tell her you've changed YOUR mind as she's being difficult and no money back as it's already spent.

SugarHut Fri 03-Jan-14 17:51:02

I have replied explaining (again) that she can have them for £120 but no less. She has come back with the rather epic "Why don't we both sleep on it? Don't let them go, let me know first"

Grrr....

SugarHut Fri 03-Jan-14 17:47:37

Na´ve ham

Sorry I couldn't help it....

birdybear Fri 03-Jan-14 17:46:03

Link her to this thread!

Buzzardbird Fri 03-Jan-14 17:45:09

I wanna see the boots!

Pooka Fri 03-Jan-14 17:45:08

I need to know more about the shoes before I can comment wink

I don't really. Am just nosey.

YANBU

Tell her you ARE honouring the original price for ONE pair and even knocking another £30 off so she can get herself a maths course! wink

brunette123 Fri 03-Jan-14 17:41:31

"honour the price she should be paying" she is a cheeky cow and she is starting to get on MY nerves now!

Mia4 Fri 03-Jan-14 17:39:48

She is being unreasonable and trying to pull a fast one. I'd relist with 'no time wasters please' added to it.

hoobypickypicky Fri 03-Jan-14 17:39:01

Either she's a cheeky cow or she can't do the math. I'm veering on the side of cheeky cow at the moment.

MrsBungle Fri 03-Jan-14 17:36:30

She is being a cheeky mare.

tillyann2013 Fri 03-Jan-14 17:35:35

What selling page are you using on fb? I'm intrigued to see these shoes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now