To think that this comment at the swimming pool was grim ?

(54 Posts)
Flukewoman Fri 03-Jan-14 15:42:49

I took my toddler to the swimming pool today and overheard something which made me confused when we were in the changing rooms afterwards.

There was another parent with two children, aged about 4 and 6 ish. The parent left the children in towels in a cubicle for a moment while opening up their locker.

When she came back she started shouting at the younger child who had evidently peed in his towel. She shouted that he should never do that in his towel as it is disgusting. Then she said "you know if you want a wee you do it in the shower, not in here!"

AIBU to think that's really rather filthy advice at a public swimming pool? The toilets are right next to the showers...

YouTheCat Fri 03-Jan-14 15:43:29

Mingers! shock

LouiseSmith Fri 03-Jan-14 15:44:13

YADNBU - toilets are there for a reason that's just laziness. I only hope she was frustrated and mixed her words confused

EndoplasmicReticulum Fri 03-Jan-14 15:44:26

Yes. But you do know that the baby pool is completely full of wee anyway, right?

Only1scoop Fri 03-Jan-14 15:46:56

confused Envelope....antelope....

Danann Fri 03-Jan-14 15:48:44

ew, I know the pool is probably full of wee anyway as kids do tend to forget to get out to go to the loo in time but a parent shouldn't be telling them to wee in the shower, that's like saying 'its ok to wee where you want so long as I don't have to clean it.'

Flukewoman Fri 03-Jan-14 15:49:24

She repeated herself several times and neither of the children corrected her. It sounded like her standard advice!

Oh yes I know about the baby pool. That's why I sent DH in there with her grin while I stayed dry!

I didn't hang around long enough to see if she cleaned up shock

Flukewoman Fri 03-Jan-14 15:50:05

That's exactly it danaan!

Flukewoman Fri 03-Jan-14 15:51:37

I was prepared to be told that it's a mysterious toilet training trick as yet unknown to me. I'm rather glad to hear that it's not just me who thinks it is foul .

C3P0 Fri 03-Jan-14 15:51:50

It's sterile and washes away. It really doesn't matter. But it's not good manners for the kids to learn.

Chivetalking Fri 03-Jan-14 15:51:58

On paper revolting, yes but pales a bit given you've just been swimming in a chlorinated piss and bacteria soup.

I used to let my ds's pee in the shower at home, I bet they still do.

Can't remember how strict I was at the swimming pool, twas a long time ago.

Am I a minger?

Dollslikeyouandme Fri 03-Jan-14 15:54:29

I don't know, toilets at swimming pools are usually pretty grim, shower might be a better option...

You shouldn't tell anyone of course

myitchybeaver Fri 03-Jan-14 15:55:27

Nowt wrong with pissing in the shower. Her mistake was saying it OUT LOUD smile

Flukewoman Fri 03-Jan-14 15:57:12

Yes but you take a shower aft wards to get clean, not to have child piss lapping at your toes...

Flukewoman Fri 03-Jan-14 15:58:12

grin Itchy grin

As it goes the toilets at this particular pool are kept very clean; it's just been renovated.

Dollslikeyouandme Fri 03-Jan-14 16:01:12

In all seriousness it's not great habits to be teaching children. But I go swimming with the knowledge that they are veruca infested, piss filled germ ridden places, I grin and bear it and we have a good wash when we get home.
If you can't beat em join em

HandMini Fri 03-Jan-14 16:03:01

Are you sure she didn't mean "in the showers" as in "in the room with showers and toilets". Seems weird otherwise.

Flukewoman Fri 03-Jan-14 16:06:46

Handmini, it's one of those dreadful changing villages. It's all one room with a circular shower and toilets off to one side against a wall, and cubicles in front. I think she said 'in the shower' rather than 'in the showers' anyway...

Flukewoman Fri 03-Jan-14 16:07:08

Dolls you're making me feel unclean just thinking about it...

HandMini Fri 03-Jan-14 16:09:27

Meh, she's a bit grim then and teaching her children bad public facility manners. I do wee in the shower but only at home and never in gym/pool showers.

Flukewoman Fri 03-Jan-14 16:11:06

I have been known to wee in the shower at home so it 'so not that I'm a clean freak

peking Fri 03-Jan-14 16:12:57

Sorry OP, I laughed <blush>

Yes, rather disgusting.

NewtRipley Fri 03-Jan-14 16:13:06

I wouldn't be encouraging it in public, but nor do I think it's that disgusting. It washes away. I find peoples pubes and head hair more disgusting.

peking Fri 03-Jan-14 16:13:43

Agree, hair, blood, snot etc. in public showers is far worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now