Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think that since beaker gate MN has gone more...

(75 Posts)
Upyourbumscum Thu 02-Jan-14 22:55:03

Net Huns?

No I can't give specifics and I'd bloody love a biscuit but recently things have changed and gone a tad 'generic parenting site'.

Shoot me if I'm wrong...

Tonandfeather Fri 03-Jan-14 13:53:10

one of the things that attracted me to this place was the apparent absence of the vile, scratch down the blackboard word "hubby".

Now I keep seeing it. I am in pain.

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 03-Jan-14 14:29:40

I have said LOL..put a X ..given hugs and made predictive text errors.

Am i banished?

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 03-Jan-14 14:30:23

Have also said OMG and maybe hubby <hangs head>

MrsSteptoe Fri 03-Jan-14 14:50:10

Lack of punctuation causes me far more problems in reading posts than text speak, which is often (not always) perfectly clear and sometimes quite inventive. Hun, hubby and bubs are all pretty fucking awful, but I reserve the right to put xxs at the end of a post as an alternative to the collection of smilies, which can be no less fucking annoying IMO. If I never see another sceptical smiley, it'll be too soon.

However, you ladies, since some of you are clearly veterans, can probably clear something up for me. My DH was weeping with laughter when I read out a thread about annoying literary characters the other night and after all the Fanny Prices, Beth in Little Women etc., we got to the frankly untoppable "Rabbit in Winnie the Pooh. What a cunt." Would this ever appear in Netmums?

ViviPru Fri 03-Jan-14 15:05:00

I'm quite partial to an 'actual LOLZ' but using 'lol' to pepper sentences, almost as another form of punctuation, gives me the fair rage.

I'm very particular.

Joysmum Fri 03-Jan-14 15:12:16

Shall immediately cease and desist with the xx blush and immediately increase my swearing in order to fit in better grin

CosyTeaBags Fri 03-Jan-14 15:15:51

Rabbit in Winnie the Pooh. What a cunt I actually, genuinely did LOL there... <sorry!>

I'm guilty of Xx but only when the OP genuinely deserves one, or when I'm particularly grateful for some advice. It's just quick and easy to type..

I definitely think that the MN 'way' of writing, what is acceptable, what isn't etc rubs off - so whoever said above that once the new influx settles in they will either 'adopt the MN style' or fuck off was right.

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 03-Jan-14 15:25:57

MrsS. .strewth no.

MrsSteptoe Fri 03-Jan-14 15:26:20

Then this is the place for me. Thanks, Fanjo.

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 03-Jan-14 15:26:42

OmG I use smileys too blush

MrsSteptoe Fri 03-Jan-14 15:27:12

Fanjo See your smiley and raise you a xx

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 03-Jan-14 15:27:19

Or maybe not MrsS grin I just blew it

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 03-Jan-14 15:28:02

X-posted.

OK hun you shd totes stay xx

MrsSteptoe Fri 03-Jan-14 15:29:39

LOL Your acerbic sense of humour amuses me. You have met with my virtual approval in this fleeting e-moment.

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 03-Jan-14 15:47:00

Oh thanks for your approval. I feel validated now hmm

<channels MN viperishness>

MrsSteptoe Fri 03-Jan-14 15:54:51

Love MN's viperishness. Ambition to crawl into nest but it would backfire on me. Haven't got a thick enough skin.

I love a smiley! wink

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 03-Jan-14 16:15:24

Post in aiBU and you will be flamed so much your hide will thicken like rhino.

I also lol & use smileys though I balance this out with a lot of fucks & cunts so think I'm ok... wink

Go on, someone start an AIBU .

What's wrong with lol and Hun, someone will bite grin

happygirl87 Fri 03-Jan-14 16:30:12

Saw a thread on a similar note a while ago, and can't remember the exact wording of a post I loved, but the gist was- as long as it is more acceptable to say "cunt" than "hubby" we are on the right site.

peacefuleasyfeeling Fri 03-Jan-14 16:30:33

I love MN because the majority of posters do use punctuation, structured sentences and correct spelling in the main. I'd never pick someone up on their spelling or grammar (it's not my first language so wouldn't be wise) but it's just easier on the eye. Sentiment and delivery -bingo!

Heartbrokenmum73 Fri 03-Jan-14 17:39:09

I've noticed a few more 'OMG's' creeping in lately.

And there was a thread where someone kept referring to her 'LO (Little One) and everyone said 'why the fuck do you keep saying LO, this isn't NetHuns'.

Having had a vair recent gander over at the dark side I can say, hand on heart, that I will leave if this place ever becomes like that. It's like a little girls designed that site - all pastel colours and cute little stick-man drawings. Eurgh.

I doubt very much that in their discussions of this week's Sherlock, the lead actor was referred to as Benedict Cuminmysnatch grin

everlong Fri 03-Jan-14 17:43:57

It's not gone Nuthuns just plain old weird.

It has changed. Lots of my favourite posters have gone, plus it's very agitated and frosty.

sittingbythefairylights Fri 03-Jan-14 17:50:16

I actually thought something had occurred on netmums and a new wave of netmummers had migrated over.

Netmummers - is that even a word?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now