to set up a scarf amnesty in honour of all my scarfy gifts

(64 Posts)
harriet247 Sat 28-Dec-13 12:48:24

For Christmas I have recieved 6 scarves. Six. Now all of them are nice, actually one is awful but never mind. Never mind that I already have approximately 6 but wtf am I meant to do with them all?!
Theyre nice quality and a couple expensive too but gah sad

DaftSkunk Sat 28-Dec-13 12:52:15

Seems obvious but wear them? Or are you not a scarfy person? I love scarves.

MrsPresley Sat 28-Dec-13 12:54:31

Donate them to a charity shop?

Keep them for birthday/next Christmas gifts

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 28-Dec-13 12:56:39

I got one for Christmas from my niece from Monsoon. It's lovely but I'm another that loves scarves and have dozens of them. It's not like they go out of fashion though and you can wear different ones with different outfits.

BeeMom Sat 28-Dec-13 12:57:30

This year, I am skint in the worst way - so I knit scarves of one sort or another for most of my gift recipients - ruffle scarves, infinity loops, even a 15' long Doctor Who scarf for my DS.

I asked them what colour they would like, and what style, and each got one they would be able to use. DFiL and DH were the only ones who didn't get them.

Now, if all of the scarves you got were store bought, you can always put them away with the name of the giver (so you don't accidentally give them back to the same person), and re-gift them to people who would actually appreciate them.

SirChenjin Sat 28-Dec-13 12:58:48

I got 3 scarves - one is lovely, 2 (both from MIL, thanks for that...) are hideous. I do wear scarves, but not horrible ones.

ForalltheSaints Sat 28-Dec-13 12:59:31

Before you had the six given to you at Christmas, you had other scarves. Take those to a charity shop.

harriet247 Sat 28-Dec-13 13:05:02

I know ita ungrateful but to answer some questions noo im not really a scarf peraon and im short tol so the big chunky one drown me even though they are lovely, just hate things going to waste!

harriet247 Sat 28-Dec-13 13:07:00

Maybe turn them into cushions but no idea how. Sorry for typos- feeding dd

DaftSkunk Sat 28-Dec-13 13:15:41

Re gift them or give to a charity shop.

SpicedTeaAndXmasCakeOrDeath Sat 28-Dec-13 13:19:10

I asked for a scarf for Christmas - didn't get any!

ChristmasDayIsAGoodDay Sat 28-Dec-13 13:20:47

I'm with you op. I have about 15 scarves, probably more. I think it's because they're a nice easy, generic, please-all, doesn't-have-to-be-the-right fit, cheap(ish) you-can-never-have-too-many, type of present.

ChristmasDayIsAGoodDay Sat 28-Dec-13 13:21:39

SpicedTeaAndXmasCakeOrDeath would you like to come to my second hand scarf shop? smile

SpicedTeaAndXmasCakeOrDeath Sat 28-Dec-13 13:32:48

ChristmasDay I'd love too! and get myself a nice scarf since no one else did! grin

joanofarchitrave Sat 28-Dec-13 13:41:12

I would agree with regifting (carefully). Scarves are lovely if you get one at a time.

DameDeepRedBetty Sat 28-Dec-13 13:44:43

Last year I got four, this year two. I did regift two of last year's, and will probably regift one of this year's. A fifty percent success rate isn't too bad, and a scarf knocks spots off the other well-known emergency presents for female relatives - the bathroom smelly set and the scented sodding bloody candle...

ChristmasDayIsAGoodDay Sat 28-Dec-13 13:57:19

Very true.

CustardoPaidforIDSsYFronts Sat 28-Dec-13 14:00:03

there is a great SCARF charity, it is called

'Custardo is cold in January' the advert always makes me cry. poor cold custardo in a very very very cold office, her neck frozen like ice

'give one scarf' says the voice over

PM me i will give you my address tell you where you can send it, it is a very worthy cause

I love scarves grin

Am currently having a massive clear up and am currently up to 19 scarves grin

I luffs em

harriet247 Sat 28-Dec-13 14:15:19

Custard and*spiced*what colours or prints do you like? I shall happily send you both one :D

harriet247 Sat 28-Dec-13 14:16:01

spiced *

UnicornsNotRiddenByGrownUps Sat 28-Dec-13 14:19:38

I love scarves...the more the better. I got NONE for Christmas although recently got one for my birthday!

wonkylegs Sat 28-Dec-13 14:20:09

One year I got 14, mainly from my mum as they were from a charity shop and reduced to 50p each. They were awful but warm so last year I donated them to shelter before Christmas.

HandsOffMyGazBaz Sat 28-Dec-13 14:21:37

Ooh send them to me! My poor neck is frozen!

Or you could fashion it into something? You could wear it like a top ala Jodie Marsh? grin

CustardoPaidforIDSsYFronts Sat 28-Dec-13 14:22:09

GET IN!!!! result!

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now