Quality Street

(15 Posts)
PinkLemons Fri 27-Dec-13 23:52:13

I have a serious sweet tooth. I got bought a tin/plastic box of quality street for Christmas. I ate one and my teeth seriously hurt! Have they changes the recipe? This never happened before but after several tests grin my teeth still hurt! What is going on? Do I have to give up on quality street? What have they done?

AIBU to think if it ain't broke don't blooming well change the recipe?

PinkLemons Fri 27-Dec-13 23:52:37

*changes

PinkLemons Fri 27-Dec-13 23:52:51

FFS changed!

Rummikub Fri 27-Dec-13 23:55:34

I have just opened a box of quality street now, and they tasted the same as ever to me.

I only had the strawberry, fudge and caramel though..

PinkLemons Sat 28-Dec-13 00:02:53

It was the strawberry and orange that caused the pain. I love the soft centres sad

They tasted the same though!

DH said they hurt his teeth too. Then again he doesn't eat chocolates often so he is no reliable judge!

Rummikub Sat 28-Dec-13 00:12:21

I also have a sweet tooth, but, sometimes when i have one too many sweets, my teeth hurt like hell so I have to stop and vow not to eat sweets anymore. <<lasts about 2 days>>

bellabelly Sat 28-Dec-13 00:57:16

Go and see the dentist...

PinkLemons Sat 28-Dec-13 01:01:24

I have only just seen a dentist. None of the other Xmas chocs causes a problem. It was just the soft centred quality streets!

Heartbrokenmum73 Sat 28-Dec-13 01:07:23

It's because they're shit, innit?

I've never bought Quality Street because I've had them at work etc and thought they were too sweet and synthetic-tasting.

I don't get on with Nestle chocolate in general and I'm swerving towards boycotting them now anyway after reading all the stuff about their practices in developing countries.

neiljames77 Sat 28-Dec-13 01:11:03

If anybody on here works for them, stop putting those horrible bastard toffee pennies in there. Nobody likes them and they rip your fillings out.

Heartbrokenmum73 Sat 28-Dec-13 01:12:52

Yes, and the foil always, always gets stuck in the little ridge at the edge of them.

Bastard things!

RandyRudolf Sat 28-Dec-13 01:14:24

If anybody on here works for them, stop putting those horrible bastard toffee pennies in there. Nobody likes them and they rip your fillings out.

I second that! I think they're in cahoots with the dentists.

There's too many toffee varieties in there full stop.

Now being back coffee ones and I'll be happy.

*bring

bumbumsmummy Sat 28-Dec-13 04:56:13

Has Nestles downgraded them n put in fructose syrup it's the work of the devil guaranteed to make your teeth hurt and make you fat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now