Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be disgusted

(24 Posts)
Onesleeptillwembley Fri 27-Dec-13 15:11:38

Am a passenger in a bit of a jam on the M6.
There's a filthy cow in a car we keep passing constantly smoking, windows closed, with 3 kids in the back of the car. How fucking disgusting and selfish. Addiction or not, those poor kids. Why would anyone do that?

koTinkaBell Fri 27-Dec-13 15:12:53

my parents used to do this too angry yanbu, it's very stupid.

TheCrumpetQueen Fri 27-Dec-13 15:13:56

Yanbu

NigellasDealer Fri 27-Dec-13 15:14:57

yeh it is pretty disgusting tbh, give her some deadeye.

Onesleeptillwembley Fri 27-Dec-13 15:17:31

I'm ashamed to say I did, Nigella, then realised I was doing it. grin

secretsofsanta Fri 27-Dec-13 15:19:56

Brings back horrible memories

catgirl1976 Fri 27-Dec-13 15:20:44

Grim

Deadeye away

Buzzardisnotina4birdroast Fri 27-Dec-13 15:21:56

I have developed quite a lovely allergy to cigarette smoke after years of this thoughtless parenting. 3 smoking adults in a car with me. Thought they were going to make this illegal?

ReluctantBeing Fri 27-Dec-13 15:22:09

Those poor kids. Get off your phone though.

ReluctantBeing Fri 27-Dec-13 15:22:36

Oh just seen you're a passenger. That's ok then.

CaptainTripps Fri 27-Dec-13 15:22:55

Ahhhhhh - reminds me of the 70s and long journeys in our Maxi car.

Workberk Fri 27-Dec-13 15:23:10

That is foul. Poor kids. YANBU to deadeye her and don't let her cut in front of you

Buzzardisnotina4birdroast Fri 27-Dec-13 15:23:46

Apparently illegal in some countries but not on the M6 sad

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Fri 27-Dec-13 15:23:48

She may not even realise that you're giving her a glare for the smoking, she'll probably think her indicators are on or she's drifting lanes or something.

Loonytoonie Fri 27-Dec-13 15:27:11

Same here. Disgusting. Thoughtless.
My mum did exactly the same.

Since I was a teenager, whenever I've had a cold, they have always made my chest really poorly, lost voice, painful breathing. I swear it's because I have a weakness because of all the years passive smoking.

Hard to believe mothers are still doing this after all the years of campaigning. hmm

Caitlin17 Fri 27-Dec-13 17:01:50

Really horrible. How anyone can be so inconsiderate.

hippoherostandinghere Fri 27-Dec-13 17:07:22

My dad did this too. I used to go into school with my uniform stinking of smoke. I absolutely hated it and now as an adult I'm paranoid about clean and fresh smelling clothes. I havr never been happier than the day my dad discovered an e cigeratte.

Mum and dad used to smoke in the car with dsis and I in there, and I hated it - it gave me a headache and made me feel sick. Eventually, I worked up the courage to tell mum this, and to ask her to stop (it was mainly her, not dad) and she refused point blank. Thanks mum - I really knew then how much I meant to you. hmm

HopeClearwater Fri 27-Dec-13 17:13:05

For some people there's no point stopping as they assume that their kids will smoke too.

ziggiestardust Fri 27-Dec-13 17:15:37

SDT that is the exact same thing that happened to my DH and his DSIS. His DSIS was disabled and not able to formulate how to say it made her feel sick. So DH did, because it made him feel sick and dizzy and horrible too, and his mother sneered at him and told him to stop being a little queer. sad

This is one of the many reasons we have no contact with her. Selfish, selfish woman angry

NewtRipley Fri 27-Dec-13 17:16:00

DHs dad did this. I can't fathom that it happens now, 40 years later. Some people are idiots

2kidsintow Fri 27-Dec-13 17:18:28

Yep. Same here.
I'm terribly asthmatic and as a kid it was (not surprisingly, now I think of it) very badly managed. Mum and Dad used to both smoke like chimneys everywhere including the car. I was also horribly travel sick, so that can't have helped either.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Fri 27-Dec-13 17:26:34

Write her a sign and hold it up to the window grin just inase she misunderstands the evil eyes.

Onesleeptillwembley Fri 27-Dec-13 17:36:46

Good plan, silly billy. gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now