To think my 21 month cannot stay up till midnight at mil 70th party??

(129 Posts)
Cazm2 Fri 27-Dec-13 07:44:50

Hi all my mil birthday party tomo at a local members club. I have 21 month old DD, we are all going but I am going to bring her home prob 930-1000pm. DH and mil think this is early it's a one off so should stay later! She has just had an exhausting Christmas with 9pm bedtimes and no day naps Christmas or Boxing Day, she is knackered. I cannot get babysitter as everyone has been invited so will bring her home and have to stay home whilst DH stays at party- again getting hassle for!!! Someone please help me out!!!!!!!

SirChenjin Sat 28-Dec-13 10:18:41

are they expecting a midnight visit from Peppa Pig?

Love it grin

Cazm2 Sat 28-Dec-13 11:07:51

Lol I don't think peppa pig is coming! I just don't like being told I am this and that for looking out for my DD!

ipswichwitch Sat 28-Dec-13 12:15:32

On my wedding day I ended up outside, alone for almost am hour trying to comfort my overtired and distraught 1yo DS , since he is most definitely not a "put them in a pushchair/in a corner and they'll fall asleep" type. He never has been despite best efforts, and cannot cope with being up past bedtime.

On the day of our wedding MIL promised me faithfully she'd take him home for his bedtime , or as far as we could push it before the hysteria started. She offered to do this (we were going to get a babysitter ) but obviously decided she'd show us that it could've done by disappearing when he got beyond tired. I lost an hour of my wedding trying to calm and settle him, some guests left without me getting chance to say goodbye (still pissed off about that), and MIL had a hideous night and morning with him. Funnily enough she's never suggested keeping him up past bedtime again!

I guess the moral of the story is that you should make the people that insist on keeping DC up deal with them once they get to the hysterical stage cos they sure as hell won't hassle you about it again!

BlackDaisies Sun 29-Dec-13 21:02:36

What happened in the end OP?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now