URGENT PLEA to all furby owners -distraught dd!

(117 Posts)
LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Thu 26-Dec-13 10:02:19

Its changed into a boy ffs!!! Dd played with the thing constantly then it said " change time" and turned into a boy-! Please please help

gertiegusset Thu 04-Sep-14 23:08:56

FUCK OFF a zombie thread has suckered me in.
GAH!

gertiegusset Thu 04-Sep-14 23:07:46

They are hideous things aren't they.
Stamp on it, that'll teach it.

Stratter5 Thu 04-Sep-14 23:05:32

OMG that's me above, I wondered why there were Christmas smilies shock

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Thu 04-Sep-14 21:44:05

And amount one hobby!
Read the date!

hoddy2014 Thu 04-Sep-14 21:08:46

Furby boom we got is called kaso and is sooo funny never had nasty as such just funny voices one reminded me of the gremlins lol

Therupaxim Mon 30-Dec-13 10:03:35

This might help if anyone is struggling with getting their Furby into a less annoying 'personality'. it was the only help we could find on it:

beppascreations.deviantart.com/art/Furby-s-Personalities-346314174

ISawStrattersKissingSantaClaus Mon 30-Dec-13 09:51:32

Oh, well that is disappointing. I was hoping for full on Furby shit. sad

BrianTheMole Mon 30-Dec-13 01:45:19

Dc's furby's shit rubber ducks and flowers.

Canthisonebeused Mon 30-Dec-13 01:33:23

They do virtual shits into the ipad

ISawStrattersKissingSantaClaus Mon 30-Dec-13 01:26:33

And what do they shit? Plastic turds? Small furblings? Rainbow coloured fur balls?

Creepy.

ISawStrattersKissingSantaClaus Mon 30-Dec-13 01:04:08

Could we get back to the MASSIVE shits, please.

Furbies shit now? Seriously?

You have all bought evil, burping Furbies that now shit as well? shock

Canthisonebeused Mon 30-Dec-13 00:52:04

Have not read whole thread but this happened to my dds furby yesterday it wasn't the fact it was a boy it actually went a bit psycho with fire in its eyes. I was worried it was actually programmed wrong.

Solution.....it had a feed a poo and she sang twinkle twinkle little star to it. Seems fine now.

BrianTheMole Sun 29-Dec-13 23:06:48

Yay. Hope the second one works ok. I had to take the 2nd one back too. All sorted now though.

The phrase "shits and giggles" was just made for these things

I remember being conned into buying a robotic guinea pig. That was a sad moment. It was rubbish.

Tempted to get a furby to help.me.write my.phd thesis... but dd1 is absolutely terrified of them!

Darmont Sun 29-Dec-13 22:53:40

Hi Brian thanks for the advice. I spoke to Amazon just now. They have a service where they call you back immediately! They have sent me a return label and I have just ordered another 1st class.

AnneTwacky Sun 29-Dec-13 22:38:46

DD wants one for her 7th birthday and I did have reservations because of the price.

This thread has helped me make up my mind however, as I reckon she would be distraught if it went into "unfriendly" mode even if we got it to turn back straight away.

BrianTheMole Sun 29-Dec-13 22:34:21

Yes they will exchange darmont under the sale of goods act. I bought mine at a similar time from argos. Argos have a 30 day return policy and I had gone over that. But I told them I wasn't claiming under their store policy, but through my statutory rights under the sale of goods act (gives you up to 6 months). You won't have a problem, amazon are generally pretty good. Anyway, the law is on your side.

BrianTheMole Sun 29-Dec-13 22:30:20

But....£55 EACH?!?! Flippin 'eck.

I got the argos 2 for 3 deal and sold the third on ebay. So it wasn't too bad. But yes they are bloody expensive. Maybe wait a few months to see if you pick up an ebay bargain that someone is bored with.

Darmont Sun 29-Dec-13 22:28:15

Thanks Brian, I bought from amazon 4th Nov hope they exchange!!

LydiaLunches Sun 29-Dec-13 22:28:04

Ours are all cute at the moment. Am I depriving the girls by not downloading the app then? They are enjoying them at the moment but the translating etc does sound good. We have 3 furbies and 1 iphone though (mine) - will it be a nightmare?

Darmont Sun 29-Dec-13 22:26:49

Hi In the Red
Yes they are good batteries (so I was told in toy shop, as good as Duracell!). Dd has not been playing with it that much (2 hrs a day maybe?).

Snatchoo Sun 29-Dec-13 22:05:40

Are these all Furby Booms? I thought they looked shit like the earlier ones (sadly was too old for those and too old for these!) but as MN likes them thought they would be good for my twins' birthday in a couple of weeks.

But....£55 EACH?!?! Flippin 'eck.

BrianTheMole Sun 29-Dec-13 22:05:06

My dd's did this darmont. We were using good batteries. I took it back and they swapped it.

Ubik1 Sun 29-Dec-13 22:04:26

I experimented with furby and made it turn evil...DD2 was distraught. I felt a bit bad about it even though evil furby was much more fun. We played it some music and it bopped about a bit and it became nice again, thank God

darmont are you using the app and strong batteries?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now