URGENT PLEA to all furby owners -distraught dd!

(117 Posts)
LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Thu 26-Dec-13 10:02:19

Its changed into a boy ffs!!! Dd played with the thing constantly then it said " change time" and turned into a boy-! Please please help

Fairylea Thu 26-Dec-13 18:20:32

Dd got one for Christmas. She is 10.

So funny!! I had to change its batteries (she got it a few days before Christmas at her nannies so they got through a few batteries!) And as I turned it upside down it kept shouting "ooooo I'm all wonky!" in its cute little voice!

The boom is so good as well because you can download the app for it to a tablet or smartphone and it interacts with it... dds one poops in the virtual toilet and when it's about to fart it squirms about and goes "ooooo here it comes!"

My gran would be horrified smile

lestagal78 Thu 26-Dec-13 18:50:37

Maydoo has been attached to dd since ahe got her yesterday.

She seems a happy one that sleeps and is well behaved. But her shits are legendary.

Ubik1 Thu 26-Dec-13 18:53:52

Mine are also loving their turbines -although DD3 has a furby party rocker which is goi g to rock out of the windup if it doesn't STFU.

DD2 has christened her furby 'Gay-do'

I kid you not

Ubik1 Thu 26-Dec-13 18:54:44

Mine are also loving their furbies -although DD3 has a furby party rocker which is going to rock out of the window if it doesn't STFU.

DD2 has christened her furby 'Gay-do'

I kid you not

itsblackoveryonderhill Thu 26-Dec-13 18:56:30

DD got a standard furby and she ran into the bedroom and said, "mummy my furby has gone evil" we just opened the app up and did the translate thing to see what it wanted and after about 10 minutes it changed. Again, around tea time it went evil again so we put it to sleep, whe she woke it up this morning it was still evil so we did the app thing again and it did the changing thing back to being a nice furby.

DDs furby didnt come with a name I dont think, but she calls it foo foo.

AngryFeet Thu 26-Dec-13 18:59:11

You can turn it to evil, dopey farting bloke, hyperactive, a diva and some others by doing things over and over like turning them upside down several times in a row. Quite funny and they go back to normal in the end!

MrsWedgeAntilles Thu 26-Dec-13 18:59:55

My flatmate had one when we were at uni in the 90s. She got a bit freaked out with it one night while stoned and shut it in the unused, louvre doored bathroom cupboard. It sat in there muttering away to itself and growling whenever anyone went for a shower. We called it Norman Bates. It might still be in that cupboard because no one had the balls to take it out when we left.

YoureMyZombieWifeNowDave Thu 26-Dec-13 19:11:17

I now need a furby!

Galaxymum Thu 26-Dec-13 19:17:21

DD's furby from last year went evil in October after changing batteries. It used to be a girl but definitely turned into a very rude possessed evil boy. It burped, shouted "I made cocoa" and its eyes went strobe like. That freaked her out when its eyes changed. But yesterday we opened new Furby boom and the old one has become quite nice again. Still a boy though. But it sings again and giggles, not just its new evil laugh.

VesuviusPoovius Thu 26-Dec-13 19:21:51

The stroppy teenage whateva hmm attitude is a bit wearing, isn't it?

moldingsunbeams Thu 26-Dec-13 19:22:05

You have to play it music, pull its tail, feed it or pat its back to change it.

Had same panic yesterday!

GimmeDaBoobehz Thu 26-Dec-13 19:24:02

Furbies give me the heebie jeebies.

<<urgh>>

MeMySonAndI Thu 26-Dec-13 20:20:22

"You have to treat them differently to get the different personality. Mine turned to a boy when I over fed it, we gave it lits if strokes and cuddles then put it to sleep without feeding it and it woke up a girl about an hour ir so later."

It sounds like my son... I guess he has never turned into a girl as he is always fed before being sent to bed.

Ubik1 Thu 26-Dec-13 21:06:41

We have three furbies, if you put them together they start singing in harmony even evil little party rocker.

mrswedgeantilles you have cheered me up on a shitty Boxing Day shift.

OctopusWrangler Thu 26-Dec-13 21:31:16

I am tempted to get one for thw toddler. I think he'd be amused.

BatCrapCrazy Thu 26-Dec-13 21:41:57

My 3 year old insisting on going to bed with her furby tonight.
She appeared an hour later and said "fairy doesn't stop talking and fluffing. It's not my favourite anymore. Tell Father Christmas to take it back and bring me back a quiet one" grin

Dd was desperate for one, but is only 2.6 and I thought it was too advanced, so bought her a vintage one from ebay. Unfortunately the previous owner has taught it to swear. hmm

candycoatedwaterdrops Thu 26-Dec-13 23:06:20

I thought it was a myth that the older versions could be taught to swear? My old one was crap but the boom is fab!

aquashiv Thu 26-Dec-13 23:08:45

Am I really reading this? These things sound demonic

dh says you have to hold it upside down, push its tongue down and pull its tail and it changes back

PurpleJellyDisc Thu 26-Dec-13 23:11:48

You know they are going to take over the world, don't you? Haven't you ever seen doctor who?

DizzyZebra Thu 26-Dec-13 23:16:10

These things sound like a right laugh. I might buy one 'for DD'. Then send it to her Dads when i inevitably get bored of it.

I had original ones when i was a child and i remember it waking me up once the little freak.

violetshoes Fri 27-Dec-13 00:42:08

Hehe, my DS played rock music to DD's furby and it turned evil. Apparently patting it for 5 minutes turns it nice again, but doesn't seem to work on this one. We are all bored patting the bloody thing. It's possessed.

BrianTheMole Fri 27-Dec-13 00:52:42

Ours has stopped working. Dd is gutted! Hope argos will swap it tomorrow!

MidniteScribbler Fri 27-Dec-13 08:29:42

I think you're all having a lend of me. I decided that we couldn't live without this amazing pooing swearing creature in our lives and spent the day looking for him. He is indeed a mythical creature that does not seem to exist (at least on this side of the equator). Gutted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now