Dh says he's very sorry but he doesn't want his present

(30 Posts)
Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 25-Dec-13 17:01:32

He's been wittering on about a tablet computer for ages so I bought him one. Then I came on here and worried about it. Cost, whether he'd buy himself one, etc.

He was thrilled I'd given him such a lovely present but he's now changed his mind and says it is a fantastic gift but I can't possibly afford it so he would rather I sent it back.

He's being as nice about it as possible. I actually think he just doesn't like it and has changed his mind about having a tablet.

Feel a bit deflated now. Was so smug at my excellent present. AIBU to mind?

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Thu 26-Dec-13 12:57:02

Well actually it's an iPad mini. I thought it would be less of an extravagance than a full size one and also it would be easier to carry or pack in his fishing bag.

I think he prefers the android makes. I think he thinks they are better tablets for less money.

We almost went halves (almost) on the car and it cost significantly more than an iPad so it's not that.

That's just how he is. No frills. If he doesn't want it, he doesn't want it. He's been very nice about it but as far as he can see the practical solution is to return it.

He's been as sweet as sweet all over Christmas. He obviously feels a bit bad about it!

JollySantersSelectionBox Thu 26-Dec-13 13:07:13

Ah there's the problem then. He probably wanted a different tablet as he could use Google apps etc. they have more capability for free things.

My DH really dislikes Apple.

We bought DS a Hudl and he thought for value it was better than my iPad. Infact he keeps Hinting that he wants a Hudl now instead. Especially as you can load it up with a memory card.

If I were you I would take it back and get a Hudl or equivalent instead and keep the money.

My DH is techie and I now stick to the wish list plus pants and socks etc. I am not stressing over things because he is a bloody fusspot. grin

gobbin Thu 26-Dec-13 13:16:29

This happened to me in the summer with DH. Bought him an iPad for his 50th and he never took it out of the box. My DS 17 has just had it for Christmas! C'est la vie, no bother, you can't get it right all of the time. At least your DH feels able to tell you the truth without facing armageddon.

My mil got my Fil an iPad last Xmas and he got her a camera. He wasn't fond of the iPad and she made no bones of telling h he got the wrong camera. Made for a bad feeling on Xmas day. In the end he got used to the iPad and she got the right camera so all good... Maybe he just isn't used to using the tablet yet? If it is just the wrong one I would let him return and exchange for something else as he would always be thinking the other is better.

landrover Thu 26-Dec-13 16:58:12

I would warn you that I bought a tablet from Argos and they said def no refund on tablets unless they are faulty! Don't know what other shops rules are though! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now