To feel so fucking lucky?

(47 Posts)
MalibuAndMilkPleaseLibertine Wed 25-Dec-13 13:42:06

Seriously, we have not got much Christmas was a squeeze, but we have food, kids are happy with their presents, we have power!! After a power cut. It's just us this year, seeing family tomorrow, but really,I feel so fortunate (still have alcohol, not sure how long for though!) Not trying to be smug, just trying to show appreciation. smile

Cheers to you then! We are on our own too and having a very chilled time.
Have fun!

Here's to a positive 2014 - Cheers!

Me too! Seldom count my blessings but feeling good today. Plenty booze here, coal fire, electricity and great family and friends.

And I'm not in charge - woohoo [champagne glass]

MalibuAndMilkPleaseLibertine Wed 25-Dec-13 13:45:28

Cheers checkpoint ! (Are you buying cos I'm getting low?)

MalibuAndMilkPleaseLibertine Wed 25-Dec-13 13:47:43

Not in charge toomany? Very jammy, me and dp are cooking, but since he's just thrown all the pigs in blankets in the washing up bowl, I'm definitely in the senior role fgrin

Yep we spent quite a lot on wine, come and have a prosecco!! (Imagine if you actually did live round the corner!!!)
grin

MalibuAndMilkPleaseLibertine Wed 25-Dec-13 13:58:47

Unless you live around a corner of a house in a field in south norfolk? Then you and your prosecco are safe fgrin

We have had a very low key Christmas. We have turkey and prosecco what more do you need?! smile

My girls are currently having mini milks for their desserts!

HermioneWeasley Wed 25-Dec-13 14:18:58

Likewise. Have money for food and the presents the DCs wanted. Having Christmas exactly as we want it. Feel very blessed and utterly shocked at what a mess places like gatwick are.

Big decision to make. Snooze or crap tv. Can't decide.

Where in south Norfolk? Stepmother in Pulham.

ProfYaffle Wed 25-Dec-13 15:01:14

I'm in Diss! Having a nice quiet one, just the 4 us and just what we need smile

Upcycled Wed 25-Dec-13 15:02:20

Cheers!

fifi669 Wed 25-Dec-13 15:03:58

Merry Christmas smile

Scarletohello Wed 25-Dec-13 15:05:26

Aw it's so nice to read a thread where people are happy and appreciating what they've got rather than all the petty dramas going on...

Have a lovely day all!

kelper Wed 25-Dec-13 15:10:18

I'm happy smile mil and gmil were undecided as to what they were doing, they we're meant to be here but haven't come. So we've had a lovely not too massive lunch, and we're a bout to watch toy story 3.
And I got a kenwood major from my lovely dh, and he got a gps from me, and ds got a scooter! We're all chilled, perfect day. Hairy crossmouse to you all xx

daisychain01 Wed 25-Dec-13 15:10:52

Having a quiet one as my DSS is as always with DM on Christmas Day and the lions share of Christmas cos DH is magnanimous and does right thing for DS

So our Christmas sort of doesnt start until 29 Dec. but I get DP to myself even though sad for him. We had lovely walk, he is doing a veggie lasagne and we will start with sherry. Presents, who cares? Nice sunshine today.

I hope you malibu and everyone reading having an awesome day x

daisychain01 Wed 25-Dec-13 15:12:51

Love Toy Story 3 kelper such a brilliant film! Only series I know where each film gets better smile

pianodoodle Wed 25-Dec-13 15:13:20

Same here! DH and I have a couple of presents each, DD is ecstatic with her new scooter.

We've had the nicest dinner yet - DH managed to make a pretty cheap turkey taste amazing and we're all cleared up chilling on the sofa with a box of fudge smile

Also today is my due date and baby has kindly stayed put - hooray!

Umlauf Wed 25-Dec-13 15:14:00

So much! Our century-old oak tree fell through the window and wall of the room DH, baby ds and i we're sleeping in on Monday night. It missed ds cot by a metre or so. We are so so lucky to be alive and enjoying turkey today!

ItsBiggerOnTheInside Wed 25-Dec-13 15:18:15

We have no power sad but we do have relatives nearby we could take the food round to and so we are sitting in the warmth/brightness and well fed smile. Counting our blessings and ignoring the freezer

ItsBiggerOnTheInside Wed 25-Dec-13 15:19:28

umlauf.. shock see, that's why a freezer full of possibly ruined food is no big deal at all. Merry Christmas to you all xx

GogoGobo Wed 25-Dec-13 15:56:05

I feel like we are in the house of plenty today smile very very lucky x
Merry Christmas everyone

YouTheCat Wed 25-Dec-13 16:02:01

I know plenty of people spend more and do more than me but we are all having such a lovely, modest Christmas and feeling so chilled out.

JourneyToThePlacentaOfTheEarth Wed 25-Dec-13 16:21:32

Umlauf :O so glad you're all safe

It's been a lovely lovely Xmas. Midnight mass. Roast beef with the gorgeous MIL. Visits to friends and family. Happy kids. My thoughts go out to those without power or friends to share this special time with

lollerskates Wed 25-Dec-13 16:55:12

YANBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now