Dp 'forgot' to get me a 'To Mummy . . ' christmas card from DS

(51 Posts)
Sisterelephant Wed 25-Dec-13 08:30:00

I put it on my list of presents and reminded him about 4 times throughout the month.

Got him a really lovely daddy one that he opened this morning, I'd put some nice words in about being a great daddy too.

He casually said to me 'oh I forgot your card, sorry'

I'm sooo upset, I'm now in a mood with him, he doesn't see the fuss. He also forgot to get me a card from DS for my birthday, and I had got him a lovely daddy one.

AIBU? Or is he?

RVPisnomore Wed 25-Dec-13 08:31:34

I think you might well be a little upset but I'd also say it's just a card and so not worth being in a mood on Xmas day over!
It's childish to sulk too.

dexter73 Wed 25-Dec-13 08:32:00

Don't let such a small thing ruin your day. Put it out of your mind and just enjoy Christmas!

helterskelter99 Wed 25-Dec-13 08:33:06

If it's important to you then he is bad to have forgotten I haven't got one & don't mind as for me it will be more important when he can scribble on them which he can't do yet
Merry Xmas don't let it spoil your day x

ARealPickle Wed 25-Dec-13 08:33:14

He might not really be into cards. Mention it in a few weeks time but don't let it spill today.

LoopyLobster Wed 25-Dec-13 08:33:33

Seriously, you want a card from a baby and you're upset it didn't happen? Grip needed.

ARealPickle Wed 25-Dec-13 08:34:12

Ps it truly is lovely v when they are older and can do their own.

notanotherusername1 Wed 25-Dec-13 08:37:10

Please come to your senses.

No one is being unreasonable. It's only a card. Just look around and see the trauma some people are having today. Plenty of people have a ruined Christmas due to the weather ruining their plans.

If you have to ask and remind it does not sound like it would be special anyway.

Honestly forget it and give them both a hug. It's Christmas Day. Not time for moods.

Squeegle Wed 25-Dec-13 08:37:27

Sorry but YABU. Enjoy your child and your day. It sounds like the card thing is not important to you DH, and while that's disappointing, surely it means no more than that.

ThurlHoHoHow Wed 25-Dec-13 08:37:33

Don't let it ruin your day. I suspect DP has forgotten too! Never mind. It's a bit irritating but not the end of the world.

TheGreatHunt Wed 25-Dec-13 08:37:34

Tell him (tomorrow) why it matters to you.
How old is ds? If he's a baby then you're a bit u!

oldbaghere Wed 25-Dec-13 08:39:03

I have no presents to open. I'm here on my own. My kids will be here later to open their presents and we will go to visit my mother tomorrow who is dying.

In the nicest possible way you need to get a grip.

Squeegle Wed 25-Dec-13 08:39:36

Sorry but YABU. Enjoy your child and your day. It sounds like the card thing is not important to you DH, and while that's disappointing, surely it means no more than that.

mrscog Wed 25-Dec-13 08:41:56

Meh YABU over the card - it won't be off your DS if he's not old enough to write it so it's completely fake, YANBU to be annoyed with your DH for ignoring something that was important to you.

MissMarplesBloomers Wed 25-Dec-13 08:42:28

Never see the point of cards to folks you are seeing on Christmas Day TBH.

If you are with them you can give your love & wishes in person, far nicer!

BikeRunSki Wed 25-Dec-13 08:44:47

I didn't get any cards or presents from anyone apart from MiL. She gave gave me a supermarket scented candle.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Wed 25-Dec-13 08:45:20

Yabu. Wait till ds is old enough to write his own card.

BikeRunSki Wed 25-Dec-13 08:45:39

Posted too soon...

I'll live though. DH might not.

waterlego Wed 25-Dec-13 08:46:27

Yes, grip needed I think. Perspective. My parents died this year; I couldn't give a fuck about cards or presents. Because that isn't what Christmas is about- really it isn't. A friend of mine is in hospital today; another friend's daughter is seriously ill but has been allowed home from hospital for the day. Plenty of people have genuine reason to be sad and cross today.

Enjoy your day. Be glad that you have a happy and healthy child to spend Christmas with.

Sisterelephant Wed 25-Dec-13 08:47:37

Oh dear.

Ok grip taken. I need to get over it. Thank you MN for making me see sense!

Merry Christmas!

JapaneseMargaret Wed 25-Dec-13 08:47:38

I'm assuming this is a reverse AIBU, because nobody rationale would get into a sulk on Christmas Eve over something like this.

JapaneseMargaret Wed 25-Dec-13 08:50:26

OK, not a reverse. grin

Well done on seeing sense.

HissymasJumper Wed 25-Dec-13 08:53:05

The only card worth a damn is the ones your DS will make you himself!

Have a lovely day! smile

HissymasJumper Wed 25-Dec-13 08:53:29

*are not is

WandaDoff Wed 25-Dec-13 09:00:41

If he knew it was important to you, then he should have made the effort.

Don't let it spoil your Christmas though, it's going to be a very long day if the hostilities start this early.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now