Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think if you're invited to spend the day with your children

(25 Posts)
Mosman Wed 25-Dec-13 06:31:40

At your ex wife's house you shouldn't spend the day text fucking twats you've met on plenty of fish especially since that's the site you conducted all your seedy affairs from and pushes my buttons.
Merry fucking Christmas

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Wed 25-Dec-13 06:33:29

The texter is the twat, not the textee.

Mosman Wed 25-Dec-13 06:36:47

Nah they are both twats

Mumraathenoisylion Wed 25-Dec-13 06:49:22

Make a promise to yourself and don't invite him again.

Then smile because you will never have to go through it again.

whatshallwedo Wed 25-Dec-13 06:53:17

Yanbu, this is my worry this year. Exdp asked to stay over even though he could have easily driven over this morning. If he plans to spend the day texting someone who has already got their own family then he can bloody well leave angry .

MrsMargoLeadbetter Wed 25-Dec-13 06:56:34

OP your ex'D'P never fails to amaze.

Have a wine and make him do all the clearing up - will keep his hands busy.

Mosman Wed 25-Dec-13 07:51:43

Love it ... Great idea ... I already said very discretely and quietly in his shell like if that's what he's going to do he can piss off and then he responds so picking a fight making sure all the kids hear to try and make me look bad.

Roshbegosh Wed 25-Dec-13 07:54:59

Like another poster said, smile sweetly, this is the last time. He can't suddenly stop being a twat and you can remind yourself you are well out of it.

Trigglesx Wed 25-Dec-13 07:58:06

Neither should you be a nasty impatient twat that shouts and bitches every time the kids make noise or do something a bit loud and are not perfectly behaved. But doesn't stop some. Grrrrrrr

Mosman Wed 25-Dec-13 08:00:14

It's once a year ... Pass the wine lol

Trigglesx Wed 25-Dec-13 08:07:37

Not enough wine on the planet. Or perhaps it's best to pass the wine to him - then when he passes out or falls asleep it'll be quiet.

maras2 Wed 25-Dec-13 08:13:04

To quote the not often seen now Hully Gully .... ' Kill Him '

Kbear Wed 25-Dec-13 08:16:35

mind his phone doesn't get dropped in the washing up bowl full of hot soapy water.... ooops

or get chucked out with the wrapping paper.... the phone or him!!

Trigglesx Wed 25-Dec-13 08:19:58

fgrin

FunkyBoldRibena Wed 25-Dec-13 08:20:52

Life is too short for putting up with this nonsense, tell him he isn't welcome today and kick him out.

MammaTJ Wed 25-Dec-13 08:21:55

You are not going to turn a twat in to a good Dad and all round reasonable person in one day. Christmas miracles only happen in films that I have been watching on a loop since the Christmas channels started up again, not real life.

Mosman Wed 25-Dec-13 08:27:01

God last time I calmly asked him to leave all hell broke loose.
He loudly makes a scene and upsets the kids who then think I've started it all, it's really difficult tbh.

Trigglesx Wed 25-Dec-13 08:32:07

Right there with you Mosman. Maybe you should've come here instead. LOL

nicename Wed 25-Dec-13 08:38:37

Get the kids to hide it in the giftwrap mountain. Its a game. A million points if they put it on silen before they hide it.

rabbitlady Wed 25-Dec-13 08:38:59

ask yourself, why did i set myself up for pain? and don't do it again.

Trigglesx Wed 25-Dec-13 08:42:35

god knows why I was stupid enough to agree to it - maybe because the DCs really wanted him here. I just know I won't be repeating it.

Mosman Wed 25-Dec-13 08:45:07

Same Trig

meditrina Wed 25-Dec-13 09:00:38

nicename great idea!

Mosman Thu 26-Dec-13 05:49:12

Ended up kicking him out at 10.30 at night he slept on her sofa ... God knows where he's sleeping tonight but it sure as hell won't be my house

MidniteScribbler Thu 26-Dec-13 06:15:20

The benefit of someone being an ex is that you no longer have to put up with their crap on christmas day (or any day).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now