Dh has never bought any presents for dd until this year.

(26 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Tue 24-Dec-13 22:52:22

I've done all the shopping and paid for them all previously. Which is fine, that's not the issue. I've got the money and if I needed money from him he'd happily contribute if asked/told to.

However this year he told me he saw something in a shop for her. So first time in 13 years and he's bought her something. Fab.

I've found in the stocking now six presents, all wrapped with tags that say "to dd, love from dad".

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement. I've told him and he has looked rather abashed and has said I can amend the tags. He's obviously pleased with himself for buying her some stuff and wants the glory tomorrow but as I pointed out I have never written "from mum" on anything. Its always been from both of us.

Aghhhh. grin

FredFredGeorge Wed 25-Dec-13 17:56:17

I don't get the need to be "joint presents" either, equally I don't get the particular point of them not being joint. But not everything you do in a family is joint, there are places I generally only take DD and things only we do together. There are also things that generally only DP does with DD and places they go together. She knows we're different people and like different things, giving gifts are going to be the same - it's not trying to buy DD's love or anything.

I guess simply being too lazy to write tags has its advantage in that no-one will care...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now