to be so annoyed at teh number of deliveries that haven't arrived...

(20 Posts)
pixiepotter Tue 24-Dec-13 21:59:09

.. in time for Christmas.5 things ordered before the christmas deadline.

1)a large bespoke product£100 which I impressed on the company must arrive before xmas .They said yes it wopuld be dispatched on Friday for next day courier delivery.Had to order an item to complete it from another company for £30
2) Items ordered in November from amazon
3) ebay leotard from a town 10 miles away, won on the 17th promised to dispatch first class straight away
4) 2 T shirts from ZAzzle ordered before last order deadline , supposed to be coming by a courier called expo

anyone else in this situation?

pixiepotter Tue 24-Dec-13 22:00:03

sorry the 5th item did arrive from USA ordered only a few days ago and not guaranteed for xmas

Whatnamenext Tue 24-Dec-13 22:01:49

Yeah I'm down a pop up pirate and a tag reader book from Amazon. Ordered via prime late but should have arrived on Friday.

They were 'twitch' presents so not essential.

blush I ordered a cheap DVD for ds for his birthday the other week. It came but I promptly forgot it had arrived and put it in the wardrobe then emailed amazon 2 weeks later asking where it was . They were full of apologies and said they'd send it out ASAP. Found the original one yesterday while wrapping Xmas pressies. Whoops. And then the 2nd one arrived today. blush

DowntonTrout Tue 24-Dec-13 22:10:50

Two items haven't arrived sad

On the upside is that I ordered DH a dualit toaster as a last minute twitch present from Debenhams at 1.30 on Sunday. It arrived at 10am Monday morning. I thought that was brilliant service.

BrownSauceSandwich Tue 24-Dec-13 22:20:43

Honestly,I've ordered so much crap lately, I've lost track of what hasn't arrived fblush

What is a twitch present?

Smoorikins Tue 24-Dec-13 22:25:14

Yes, one item ordered on 7th. I can't even complain till 26th, and there is nowhere locally that sells it.

Oh well.

steff13 Tue 24-Dec-13 22:25:25

One of my niece's presents didn't arrive in the mail today, which means it won't be here for Christmas. fsad

It's not a HUGE deal, they just live around the corner, so I can get it to her when it does arrive, but it just irritates me. I paid extra for 2-day shipping, and it's been five mailing days since it was shipped.

spiderlight Tue 24-Dec-13 22:26:15

DH's main present hasn't arrived - Amazon, ordered 10th December with first class delivery. Amazon listing claimed it would be here in plenty of time but it transpires that it was coming from fecking China, which was not stated at any point during the order process, and the delivery was revised to 11th January yesterday, when it was too late to order a replacement.

A present we sent to a friend via his wish list has gone fuck knows where and he has instead received some random object 'To Marie, love Mum'.

Another Amazon item has arrived in utterly inadequate packaging and with its box totally crushed. Amazon will not refund unless I can demonstrate that the item inside the box is not working, but as it's a build-it-yourself solar robot that was supposed to be for a friend's son, I can either give it to him in the knackered box and make him build it, or build it myself to test it and thus render it pointless as a gift.

And yet something that a friend spotted at the very last minute and knew our son would love, and posted at 5pm yesterday from the opposite side of the UK, was here at 8am this morning!

brownsauce 'the twitch' is when you think you've finished, wrapped etc and suddenly know you just need to buy more shit to feed the pile

TinyDiamond Wed 25-Dec-13 01:56:33

yanbu at all. I was so annoyed ordered in plenty of time my Dad present has not arrived. bloody amazon.

Marrow Wed 25-Dec-13 02:05:29

YANBU. I ordered items from John Lewis on Friday 20th to collect in local Waitrose on Sat 21st. It has got lost somewhere en route hmm

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 25-Dec-13 02:16:43

Just an iphone case from Amazon for DS2. It's only a little stocking filler so no big deal - although it was ordered on 28th November! fshock

Oh, and I will not be wearing a Christmas jumper tomorrow, because the one I ordered from eBay on 12th December has not arrived. That was for me though, so doesn't really count!

trixymalixy Wed 25-Dec-13 02:24:25

I had one, which I managed to reorder from Amazon. The Sofia the first dress for DD that the ordered was cancelled on the 22nd I never did manage to replace was sold out everywhere.

Cherry34 Wed 25-Dec-13 02:24:45

Do complain to JL, their customer services is brilliant.

Last year, they said the had delivered a Hamper to me, which I had not received. I phoned, they apologise but said they were now out of stock and I would have to wait 30days for a refund. I wasn't happy so fired off a complaint letter. Next day I received I hamper, then 3 day later I received another one. I phone to say, also make sure I hadn't been charged twice. They told to keep the second one as compliments for not receiving the first one on time.

After Christmas I was also given a full refund. So basically got two Hampers for free. This was probably an error on their part but Merry Christmas.

I am pissed off too. I was ill for a few weeks so I knew I was sending my Christmas gifts late for transatlantic shipping - but paid extra for 3-5 day delivery. They both got held up in customs for two days and didn't make it for Xmas sad I didn't receive my secret Santa gift yet either which means I have to make bread sauce instead of using a packet mix. And my birthday an Christmas gifts from my mum were lost/destroyed and just one sad little gift howed up a month late, with an apology from USPS. Though to be fair that was more to do with my mother's shitty packaging and not wanting to waste selotape than the delivery...

SweetTeaVodka Wed 25-Dec-13 06:07:06

My mother's Christmas present was due to arrive on Monday apparently, but I got an email at the weekend to say there was a sudden stock shortage and the order had been cancelled. She's getting wine instead :/ Luckily her present from DD arrived (1st grandchild, 1st Christmas) so she'll have that.

It was my birthday yesterday and my birthday present from DH never arrived so he pressed a Christmas present into service (lucky be got me more than one).

We've been let down on deliveries every year for a few years running now. I'd get it all in town so I knew I had it if only there were any decent shops left open here!

Topaz25 Wed 25-Dec-13 11:36:16

YANBU. Companies shouldn't promise Christmas delivery if it's not possible. I'm annoyed at a company I ordered a present from to be delivered by Christmas. It wasn't and I can't chase it up because although the website was a .co.uk domain and the prices were in pounds the customer service call centre is in America!

bzoo Wed 25-Dec-13 11:50:18

Our post office safe has broken. All the special delivery items are very securely locked up - for days! Whoops!

moldingsunbeams Wed 25-Dec-13 13:53:06

I am confused at mine, I did not know you had to have a label now if sending something with a spray (deodorant) WITHIN England (I knew you couldn't abroad), you CAN send it it just needs a label incase they fly it. Post Office did not ask and I did not know.

They decided to fly it as it was special delivery and it was refused so they sent it by road instead and said it would be delayed. Fair enough.

Only it went all the way from North to South by the Saturday despite the problem and has been held in the nearest city to friend 26 miles from destination ever since confused

I have so far been told its because of no aerosol label BUT it made it from Manchester to Plymouth in one day AFTER this was noticed.

That because of the above they have to open inc unwrapping all the presents and resealing because of above BUT again they solved that problem and it was already in Plymouth at this point so why unwrap it now.

Then there was an address problem but they have confirmed actually address is correct.

Then they just do not know why its being held hostage in Plymouth

System says it is being returned to me but royal mail said its not just that they do not know when they will deliver it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now