The last 2 of them.

one will reply the other probably wont.

so fucking lonely.

MrsLouisTheroux Tue 24-Dec-13 19:19:15

No. Don't do it! Text your friends!

MrsLouisTheroux Tue 24-Dec-13 19:19:53

and don't be lonely- have a happy day tomorrow x

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 24-Dec-13 19:20:55

No!! Talk to us. Ring a friend, family member. Write a list of all the reasons they're exes.

Its0kToBeMe Tue 24-Dec-13 19:23:54

Me too. I chug along happily except christmas, when I tend to hit rock bottom. I've been single forever.

wine wine

Robfordscrack Tue 24-Dec-13 19:23:59

Eh? why would you do such a thing? That
S just going to lead to a mountain of trouble and I think you know it otherwise you wouldn't be posting here.

brokenhearted55a Tue 24-Dec-13 19:25:44

Theyre not bad abusive exes. The shortlived ones I mean that didn't get off the ground.

just sent one a whatsapp....

AgentZigzag Tue 24-Dec-13 19:27:01

OP said she was lonely Robford.

It wouldn't make you feel any better OP, unless it reaffirmed why they're exes?

Have you got any children?

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 24-Dec-13 19:29:00

With respect OP they are probably in the midst of enjoying christmas with their respective families and dont need your bored lonely texting to either give them a false sense of hope or piss them off.

AgentZigzag Tue 24-Dec-13 19:30:23

There's nothing wrong in sending messages saying happy christmas etc to people if you're feeling lonely, it's just that there's the risk of feeling worse if they don't reply or don't reply in a meaningful way.

Is there anyone you know will be able to talk you could send a message to?

CoffeeQueen187 Tue 24-Dec-13 19:33:02

Exes are exes for a reason.

Text someone else, friends, family, us, anyone! Just not your exes. No point in looking back

brokenhearted55a Tue 24-Dec-13 19:36:14

Yeah true.

these two im on good terms with and wont mind.

ill leave the other alone.

brokenhearted55a Tue 24-Dec-13 19:38:08

Shit the other one just texted me unprompted.....

octopusinasantasack Tue 24-Dec-13 19:39:01

No....step away from the phone and chat on here instead.

ArtVandelay Tue 24-Dec-13 19:39:12

I think you need to be honest about what outcome you are looking for - a declaration of love, a booty call? Or whatever it is and then weigh that up against how much worse you'll feel if you fail to achieve it or even if achieving it would actually make you feel better. Sorry youre feeling shit. Do something nice for yourself - bath, food, wine, chat to some friends, cuddle a pet, reorganise your wardrobe or make a list of stuff you want to try next year x x

MrsLouisTheroux Tue 24-Dec-13 19:39:15

YoureBeingASillyBilly
Starting your sentence 'with respect' doesn't make your post any better.

Eebahgum Tue 24-Dec-13 19:40:34

I remember this feeling well op - was single for a really long time before I met dp. Only you know if this is really a good idea based on why they are exs, what the likely chain of texts will lead to and whether they are in relationships right now or also single and lonely.

brokenhearted55a Tue 24-Dec-13 19:42:14

That's what I thought mrslouis.

they're both single guys no children in either family.

they wont be having big Christmases

INeedSomeHelp Tue 24-Dec-13 19:42:29

I know exactly how you feel OP. I just sent a couple of texts to exes/fwb to try and get a response. Not looking for a booty call - am away from home anyway. But just some acknowledgement that I'm a person and not just a daughter/sister/aunt.

Robfordscrack Tue 24-Dec-13 19:44:09

Yep, I understand what it's like to be lonely. I just can't imagine anything lonelier than getting involved with an ex for the wrong reasons. You need to barricade yourself in with stuff to cheer you up - a favourite movie, candy, whatever it takes. And know that tomorrow you'll have moved on.

What did they say? curious

Eebahgum Tue 24-Dec-13 19:46:04

Then I'm going to go against the majority and say what the hell - they're single, you're single. They'd probably appreciate the attention as much as you on a lonely Christmas eve. Maybe put a bit of thought into the complications of texting two though. Is this a booty call? What if they both suggest coming round?

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 24-Dec-13 19:51:43

Mrslouistheroux it was stated to show that i was saying what i was syaing with respect to the OP even though it was something she mightnt like to hear. Just because you mightnt mean it when you say it doesnt mean i dont. Dont judge me by your standards.

ToffeeOwnsTheSausage Tue 24-Dec-13 19:52:12

What are the chances?

brokenhearted55a Tue 24-Dec-13 20:01:24

Number1 we dated for about 2 months. He was hot an d cold but fine and enjoyed being with me when we were together. He was just out of an long term relationship when we met and in hell at work. He said he wasnt in the right frame of mind to date.
You never know if he gets himself sorted...

Guy2 lovely dates nothing physical. Tells me he really likes me and then gets cold feet and says can we be friends. I said fine. Then he's just texted me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now